1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Hussars french officer, 8th regiment. Andrea, 1/10 Resin Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Edorta, Feb 14, 2012.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Wow Eduardo,what a great paintjob as usual.
    The green looks awesome and I love the light effect on the plume.
  2. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Muchas gracias Daniel, me alegro de que te haya gustado.
    Brian, thank you very much, I appreciate your opinion cause I think you´re a master painting busts.

For paint the silver laces, braids, cords and tassels I use a mixture of black, blue and white, and I paint the highlights simply adding more white to the initial mix, and a little bit of black for shadowing. I only I´ve used silver metal for buttons.

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  3. Paul20100 A Fixture

France
    Hello

I have the same plates and books, but if you have a chance to see a piece of actual dark green cloth with your own eyes, you will realize that it is extremely dark, nearly black. The cloth was coloured using indigo and ochre, and with years passing, most remaining uniforms have turned into a very dark blue.

The same dark green was used for 7th and 8th hussars, chasseurs à cheval of the guard and of the line, gardes d'honneur, chevaux-légers lanciers, etc.
  4. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you Paul, I´ve checked the Rousselot plates about hussards and certainly the green seems a bit darker, as for the chasseurs, line, and garde etc(y) Anyway, the proximity of lights, to take the photos, clears the real tone a bit.
    http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  5. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Eduardo,thats very kind of you to say that,its very pleasing to know ones work his highly appriciated,thank you :D

Brian :)
  6. Paul20100 A Fixture

France
    In any case, your work is excellent as usual.
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Wow, very nice paintwork Eduardo!
    Congrats.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  9. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Eduardo-very nicely painted and deserving of the award-what did you use for the silver lace? it is particularly effective?

Keith
  10. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Hi Keith. I´m glad you like it. For paint the silver laces, braids, cords and tassels I use a mixture of black, blue and white, the result is a bluish grey. Then I paint the highlights simply adding more white to the initial mix, and a little bit of black for shadowing. I only I´ve used silver metal for buttons.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia