1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Oils Hussard du Revolution Trompette

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by MENTAL DENTAL, Oct 21, 2014.

1. MENTAL DENTAL A Fixture

United-Kingdom

:shy:
  2. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is an outstanding piece of work David. The colors are just fine and the face is an absolute homerun.
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I agree with BP and the school of thought that reds are better defined by using shading as opposed to over stated highlighting. For my two cents worth of nothing, that's how I try to do it... with varying levels of success :unsure:

Colin
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    better defined by using shading as opposed to over stated highlighting.
    Good point here and a technique used by a lot of Metal model painters in all their colours; going for a super clean style rather than high contrast but a lot of shading and lights on the face which lights up the figure .

Ron
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  5. El Tché Well-Known Member

Why don't you put the last highlights with acrylics ? It works on oil (well dryed, of course), believe me.
    On the other hand, if highlights doesn't work, put stronger shades, this will compensate
    But the work is already good you know ;)