1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hussar preview

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Gra30, Apr 3, 2015.

1. TADATSUGU Guest

Hi Ivo,
    This any better?:).

hussarimage.jpg
  2. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    that's great... a little touch can be the dolman that sort from the sash but isn't mandatory

only check the fur on the sleeves ... isn't correct
    Gra30 and pgarri27 like this.
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice piece Gra/Moz (y)
    You gotta shorten the fur cuff and lengthen the vertical part , minor tweak for you guys :) but you know the nap stuff gotta be spotters :rolleyes:
    pgarri27 and Gra30 like this.
  4. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow. Wow. Wow. Can't wait until this is available. Wow.
  5. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

This is fun, thanks for the comments.
    I am just proud Moz worked his arse off for probably the best hussar in 120mm available
    Best wishes
    Gra
    Mike S., Funky50 and pgarri27 like this.
  6. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

7. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

The master pics so plume or straps missing
  8. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

A great piece next to the chasseur sculpted by moz image.jpg
  9. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Two outstanding figures by a master sculptor.

Mike
    Gra30 likes this.
  10. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Hi!

I am not sure about the feasability of wearing "three clothing" or the un/correct fur cuff... However, I am truly convinced that this is the best Hussar I've ever seen and I immediately recognized the "Duelists" as soon I looked at the face (no comments on this?).
    Me, I am particularly impressed by this sculpt, though I cannot help on the clothing discussion.
    If I may, I would never lay the sword edge this way (if you have passed your finger over a sharp edge you'll understand it), so I'll turn the hand a bit to the right, with the opposite side of the edge laying on the chest. Another suggestion: all those who have praticed fencing know the thumb does not "close" the fist, but is kept vertical to direct better the sword. Only at the very moment of thrusting, we close the fist. I've never seen a figure showing this detail correctly. Easy to correct, anyway.

Again Moz, brilliant work and thank you, Gra for this great new addition to your list.
    One for me, please!!!!

Iñaki
  11. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Another masterpiece. These two will look very good in the front of my display cabinet!
    Gra30 likes this.
  12. TADATSUGU Guest

Just noticed the number 5 on the shako plate, so goodbye duellists! LOL. nice touch Moz!
    Gra30 likes this.
  13. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The more I look at this the better I think it is. Great 'hussar' swagger about him. Will surely paint up / convert into all manner of colourful versions. Definitely on the list for the future.
    Cheers
    Mat
    Gra30 likes this.
  14. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    It would be nice if it came with different plates.
    Gra30 likes this.
  15. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Thanks all, there will be a head conversion and sabretache set to go with this so other regiments can be depicted.
    Mat Lambert, pgarri27 and Inaki like this.
  16. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I am not sure I would rely on the sketch as accurate....only twelve rows of braid!!??

The reenactor only has three columns of buttons...I am very wary of using recreated uniforms as references. They get a lot right but often get subleties very wrong....plus the best uniforms are often worn by fat old men like me as they are the only ones who can afford the prices.
    Gra30 and ChaosCossack like this.
  17. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    hi CRF

I agree with you about the number of buttons but I suppose that Michel Petard simplified the dwaing to be it more visible. Petard is a very well know french historian that wrote books and made articles for many french magazines.

related to the reenactor I don't agree with you. I know many reenactor absolutely correct from the historical point of view.
    Gra30 and crf like this.
  18. TADATSUGU Guest

It is my understanding that the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th, and 10th Regiments had three rows and the rest had five. The Re-enactor of the 5th Regiment is right, it's the model thats wrong (if the shako plate with the 5 is used).
    Both of the models shown here also have all the Pelisse loops of the same length. The top five loops on the right side should be longer as these were the only ones that could be fastened.
    Gra30 likes this.
  19. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Absolutely beautiful sculpts... no matter what.

For me it's just too damn big... back to the 75's please Moz :D

Cheers

Colin
    Gra30 likes this.
  20. Waterman Active Member

God this is getting out of hand. I see it for what it is, the sculptors interpretation of a Hussar. It is the basis for any competent modeller to convert it to any Regt he wants. If you want 101 per cent accuracy bearing in mind we are looking at something from over 200 years ago so no body knows for certain, then the answer is that you go and sculpt your own.
    Scotty, Babelfish, Gellso and 3 others like this.