1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wanting to Buy Hussar Le Cimier

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by Inaki, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Hi, All!

Looking for the 180mm 1/10 Hussar, and old Le Cimier great figure.
    Open to purchase or swap.
    Pic attached.
    Have a nice weekend ahead,

Iñaki
    Oda likes this.
  2. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Hello, Everyone!

Looks like it doesn't exist anymore, anywhere.
    Open to swap it for other figures, among an incredible number of choices.

I also tried to find out what happenned to the masters, as I see there would probably be a good market if some Le Cimier figures were back to the market.
    No chance yet.
    Wishing you all a good day ahead,

Iñaki
    Oda likes this.
  3. Nap A Fixture

England
    Oda and Inaki like this.
  4. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    The hussar figure was sculpted by Nick Dransfield. Maybe he would know, if you could track him down.
    Oda and Inaki like this.
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Reading the text of the post he had his for 20 years before painting it . There are two versions of this by the way plus a trumpeter

Keith
    Oda and Inaki like this.
  6. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    The owner of Le Cimier was, I believe, Jacques Vuyet. Don't know if he can be found. Otherwise, your best bet is to ask Bruno Leibovitz at Metal Modeles, who bought the masters of his 54mm personality figures back from Le Cimier a few years ago. Good luck, Inaki.
    Oda and Inaki like this.
  7. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Thanks a lot, All.
    I discussed this in the past several times with M. Vuyet, but he just offers a few painted figures and there's no way to progress in this search from there.
    After a long way, I managed to buy a Chasseur à pied, painted, in the UK, but the Hussar is hard to find.

Anyone owning it and willing to sell or swap is more than welcome to contact.

Best regards from Spain,

Iñaki
  8. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Good luck in your search. I'll keep an eye open for you.

Richard.
    Inaki likes this.
  9. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Just a small clarification:
    Open to buy or swap for it and no matter the state: Painted, broken, vandalized, guillotined and head missing. Even open to consider buying it well painted.

I can't believe it's kept somewhere in a box, crying for someone to paint it.

Thank you, All.

Iñaki
  10. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  11. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Hope so.
    I'll try, thanks!!
  12. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    BoL... oops, meant of course patmaquette's SBS :confused:
    Nap likes this.
  13. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Thanks.
    I tried some time ago, but no luck.
    We could open a thread about the OOP figures we miss.
    This could mean lot of Planeteers fixing a painful non accomplished wish.
    Just an idea.
    Richard Baxter likes this.
  14. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  15. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Hi!
    Well… there's a nuance for me.
    M&C are spot adverts or requests.
    What I suggested was to open a thread stating OOP figures we have longtime unsuccesfully searched, which for some reason, we left behind at their time and we regret.
    During these years at PF, I've often discussed this topic with other members and I do see a difference between a normal trade and a painful regret.
    Or perhaps I'm the only nostalgic one.
    Depending on the reply herein, I'll open the thread, maybe at "General Figure Talk", maybe here?

I trust a thread like this, with many people stating which OOP figure they long for, could end in some happy guys and good sales.

Cheers,

Iñaki
    NeilW likes this.
  16. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ah, yes... I see what you mean: as long as it doesn't become a site for the 'haves' :wtf: to gloat at the 'have-nots' :(
    MattMcK., Redcap and Inaki like this.
  17. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Guys

Interesting suggestion there Inaki ...what would you call it so folk don't get confused with Marketplace/Commissions

Looking at Marketplace members have in the past put threads for OOP items

Appreciate members thoughts

Nap
  18. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Inaki's idea is a good one and doubtless suggested with good intentions but as you rightly identify Neil, these things can rapidly become (by design or otherwise) 'a p*ss*ng contest' as we so charmingly say here in the UK as to who has what. I have seen like ideas turn to such on other model making sites including those threads which invite members to show pictures of their ' kit stash' (G.A. in figure terms) to the membership and it rapidly descends into one of ..."Call that a stash?...THIS is a stash!" by those who have a home more resembling a model storage warehouse than a dwelling.

Gary
    NeilW and MattMcK. like this.
  19. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Hi, Friends!
    As Gary correctly identified, my suggestion was a good faith idea to help people to find missed figures stored unpainted by others.
    I had no intention to make a mesh by showing offs of each one's stash full of accumulated unpainted kits. In my case, due to current commitments, I've became rather a collector than a painter, fact I do regret a lot.
    My idea was definitely very different:
    I remember myself in Le Cimier shop in Paris, too young to afford all those kits. It took me years of search later on to get hold of, for instance, the mounted Chasseur.
    Same went with, among others, some Roll Call, Grieves and Poste's ones. Some of those involved years of search and, occassionally, failed biddings. Some OOP auctions eventually ended in ridiculous expensive prices.
    However, I see I'm probably wrong and I should withdraw the proposal.
    Perhaps, too emotionally linked to some "gone for good" figures while other more pragmatic Planeteers are happy with more recent high quality choices.

Thank you, anyway.
    Happy day ahead,

Iñaki
    Redcap likes this.
  20. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi, I don't think that you're wrong, just that people need to treat it sensibly (as do mods).

Such a site could also be used to trade spare parts?

PS Redcap: perhaps the rule is to only allow requests for specific kits/ranges/parts and ban GA stash-bragging?

All down to members respecting the rules and modding (BTW: I notice that there's quite a few commercial products placed on various forums (fora?): perhaps the problem is where to draw the line between amateur/semi-pro/pro when posting items in, eg vBench, Finished and Sculpting threads?).
    Inaki likes this.