1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hussar Flat

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Patrick Kirk, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Patrick Kirk New Member

Guys,
    Just wanted to pass along some work in progress of a 54mm flat that I am really enjoying...I have to soften up the lines but just wanted to share it with you...

Hoping to have this bad boy finished up this weekend...

All the best,

Patrick

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Patrick , it's coming along great. Flats were always something I wanted to do but never found the time. :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  3. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks Stephen!
    Flats are a nice change of pace, and this being only my second one, I need to start taking what I am learning in regards to light and apply it to 3D figgers...seems like, to me atleast, that showing light and shadow is a lot easier with flats...
    Nonetheless, it's all about learning... ;)
    Hope all is well...

Take care

Patrick
  4. Automata Member

United-States
    Patrick,

That's looking very nice.

Who is the manufacturer and where did you get him?

Barry
  5. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks Barry!
    Appreciate the kind words. I haven't a clue who manufactored it; sad huh? I too really like this flat and would like to get more. I bought it at MFCA this year, and it was in a plastic baggie without any box art or anything. The vendor only had this one, and couldn't recall either where or who it manufatored it...sorry.

I'm hunting this down, too...Will let you know if I get anywhere.

All the best

Patrick
  6. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Its possible to get more information about flats at

www.hz-forum.de

dont be afraid, the germans always speek a little bit english.
    Konrad Schulze is the best flat painter I ve ever seen.
    From him or the other you can get all informations about flats and where you can get them.
    Well known for flats is

www.zinnfigur.com

its here in Berlin.
    he is also good known in america.
    good look
  7. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Patrick,

It's really turning out very very nice, and even though flats are not my cup of tea, I can't but admire someone as bold as you in trying his hand on our flattend comrades, and to know this is your second flat figure, I'd like to break your fingers believe me :angry:

Keep it up and regards ;)

Ray :)
  8. Patrick Kirk New Member

Ray,
    Appreciate the kind words... ;)
    I am learning to "see" light so much better with this flat...I dull coated him this morning, and if I get a chance, I'll post some updated pictures...

All the best

Patrick
  9. johnbrewer New Member

Patrick, a really nice change of track doing this flat. Looking very nice.