1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hussar Flat

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Patrick Kirk, May 17, 2004.

1. Patrick Kirk New Member

I was really impressed by the awesome flat work at MFCA, so I decided to give it a try...Ok...here is my first attempt with a flat...He's painted in all oils (with the exception of the gold; I used the "Lou Masses" formula) and have to figger out how get him in the frame. I got some great guidance from my earlier posting so I have to toy with that for a while...
    There's a little touch up I have to do yet on him, but he's mostly ready to go...
    ;)
    Comments?

Hope all is well...

Patrick

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful Patrick.......I too like doing an occasional Flat and this one is on my "Want" list
  3. Pete_H New Member

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. But where's the Aloha print?
  4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Pat, very nice work my friend (y) (y) Your last 2 projects that I have seen seem to be of the Napoleonic variety and both turned out very well. Hmmmmmm. Perhaps you should leave those drab figures behind? :lol: Seriously though, I really like this and I too have been contemplating doing a flat as well. Now, I think I will. Any good o line shops selling flats with pics of them so a rookie can see what he's buying?

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick
  5. geaugan Member

United-States
    Pat:

First off that's not a flat but a demi-ronde and second of all Great work! You did a marvelous job. Mount it on some black velvet and it will be a knock-out.
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Patrick,EXCELLENT JOB (y) (y) !!! Thanks for posting and keep up the good work.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  7. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks guys...I enjoyed this demi round (my bad, thanks Larry) piece.

Jim,
    I believe this is from Metal Models, and Neal from Sentinel should be able to get these for you...You can also check out this website http://groups.msn.com/Eisenbachfigurines/g...scavaliers.msnw
    and you can see the great pieces the Eisenbach offers. I really like the demi rounds and some of the larger pieces...I definately will give this ago again just to make sure this isn't a fluke, you know what I mean? :lol: I will also check with Neal and let you know if he can get more of the Eisenbach figgers...

Thanks again Guy, Kenneth and Larry...inspiration comes in all forms and I appreciate your kind words...

Petey,
    You have to look up under the busby...and there my friend is a very faint but recognizable palm print that you would be proud of! :lol: Thanks for the encouragement, and I'll give you a call this weekend to hear how things are going. All the best my friend!

Patrick
  8. Larry R New Member

Hey Don Ho! This pic looks better than the one you sent me at the office. I think it willl even look better mounted. Nice work brother!
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
  10. Patrick Kirk New Member

Excellente; thanks Guy!

Hope all is well

Brother,
    Why are you dissin' the shirts? I know deep inside you are wishing Don Ho would square you up with a few...next time I hang out with him, I'll make sure he sends me back with a few just for you! Might take two to get across that 54in chest of yours :lol:
    Thanks for the kind words my brother...
    So, are you going to try one; a demi round that is...

Patrick
  11. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    VERY nice Patrick!!! Hope to see another flat from you
  12. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks Jason...
    Think I have to just to be sure this wasn't a fluke... ;)
    I really like the demi rounds from Eisenbach; really look like first rate pieces...and other intel on flats or demi's Jason?

Hope all is well

Patrick
  13. Larry R New Member

Brother at this point I'd rather try the shirt!! Got to get my 54mm straight!
  14. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Patrick,
    Terrific painting, looked at Eisenbach's site some great mounted
    figures.
    Particularly liked the Curassier.

Thanks for the link

Frank (y) (y)
  15. Patrick Kirk New Member

Hey Frank, glad to help...
    I liked that one, too and the selection of the demi round busts are nice, as well.
    I'll let you know which one I order...
    Hope all is well

Patrick
  16. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Patrick-

For a first go, this is terrific. Makes me want to add one to my list of To Be Purchased...

Keith
  17. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks Keith...I enjoyed the hell outa this lil demi...I would highly recommend it as a first if you are looking to try a flat...
    Hope all is well

patrick
  18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Patrick,
    your Hussar looks fantastic,beautifully painted. (y) (y)

Keep up the good work.

Roc. :)
  19. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Patrick,

I think you have done a very nice job. I have tinkered with the idea of painting one of these but it is still just a far off daydream! :lol:

Joe
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States