1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Husaria

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Apr 24, 2016.

1. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    awsome collection. i cannot paint that good at 300mm never mind 30mm. cannot wait to see the full collection.
    (y)
    billyturnip likes this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you very much Antony. :)
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Here to help One good turn deserves another
    billyturnip likes this.
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Drum skins back then were animal hides like calf skin, goat, etc., but they scraped them so thin and stretched them until they were just a light uneven tan or grey color. You can still buy them in the US. They're used by some world percussion instruments, like tabla drums, banjira drums, etc.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

billyturnip likes this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    More work on the musicians.

IMG_3501.JPG

And following a conversation with Richie at the club meeting on Friday night I've darkened the shadows on the banner to make the feathers a bit more distinct, I think that's what he meant anyway. :D

IMG_3502.JPG
    anstontyke, NickM, arj and 1 other person like this.
  6. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Your 'little' collection keeps getting better and better.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  7. Huw63 A Fixture

This is really coming along Roger. A very pleasant sight for the eye.

Cheers

Huw
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Grwat progress Roger..

Hoping you enjoy it all the way to the end.

Paul.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Andrew, Huw, Paul, thank you very much. :)
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger,
    I think I was about as punchy as you on Friday mate:blackeye:, looking good though, so the incoherent babble between us must have worked:).

I was privileged to see about 10 of these on Friday gone and they are even better than the photo's show. This is going to be one truly impressive set once finished.
    ..............and don't worry Dennis inspected them and they are all painted on both sides.....so twice the amount of impressive work.;)
    cheers
    Richie
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Richie.
    That was a good observation and much appreciated. I liked the way Dennis inspected them all.... just in case. :ROFLMAO: