1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Husar Rotamaster - Bust - Finally finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Piotr Czyz, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hard to believe ;) but after almost 6 years I have finally finished this bust ;)
    It took a while but since it is only my hobby not a main source of income I can live with such delivery time.

Thank you all for your support and all comments!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The piece is now in the casting process. If you are interested in getting a copy (pre-release price 40USD including S&H) please drop me a note at mail@siskin-miniatures.com.
    I hope soon to add it to the shop.

BRegards, Piotr.
    P.S. Bathory bust is also finished I will post pictures next week.
    P.P.S Orginal thread is to be found here -> http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/husar-rotamaster-bust.25735/
    Kisifer likes this.
  2. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Piotr, good to see you are still around(y) , I thought Siskin Miniatures were consigned to History:rolleyes:

Keith
  4. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi Keith, Ha, ha - I thought the same thing ;).

Life goes on - new job, two growing kids, my new hobby as a pilot, new responsibilities... It is extremely hard to find enough time to fulfill all boring-life-duties.
    But two other busts are also ready - so I will show them soon. As well as some other projects that are ongoing - let's see how it will go - This hussar busts was started in 2008... :). A lot of have changed on the figures' market as well.

BR, Piotr
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work and alot of details.

marc
  6. swralph A Fixture

7. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    megroot, swralph thank you for your comments.

A couple of shots from different angles below.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Kisifer likes this.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice and having the one wing makes a pleasant change (y)
    Steve
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Piotr,

Nice piece ..and only 6 years as well ..faster than I paint!! .like the details on the armour and the wapons ....agree with what has been said.... good to see just one wing .

Facial features full of action ..nice hairstyle as well !!

Weapons look really nice as well ...

very tempted ..SWMBO insists on having food in the kitchen rather than Resin ..honestly some folk !!!

Be great to see a painted version of this

Nap
  10. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Helm, Nap - Thank you for comments.

This is really encouraging that you like it. This feather wing was attached to the saddle, not to the karacena armor, so that is why it doesn't have any attachments to the bust - it is kind of an 'artistic vision'. To be honest there are not many written or painted references how it looked like at that time (if so... some historians believe that is more XIXc. legend rather that real wearable part of the armor).

I also looking forward to see how it will look painted - one of the planet's member agreed to paint it, so I believe that in some months time we will see how it will look like.