1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Huron Indian - 1755 Braddock's Defeat

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Guy - I know this is a beautiful painting of an interesting, well-sculpted figure. If it is up to your usual standard, I know it is nothing short of superb - much better than my abilities as a painter! However, and please don't take offense, the pictures are so fuzzy, I really can't see the extraordinary quality of your work.

all the best,
    Dan
  2. elvis A Fixture

:) ciao guy is a great paint. you used a macro sistem for your pictures? if you don't used a macro is very hard for this little figure. ciao your friend LucaLuca
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys..........these pics were taken about midnight last night and were just quick shots. I will take some more when I set up my area where I normally take pics. Right now it was crowded with birthday kits and cards.
  4. Mike McGregor Member

5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    The 1st photo is the bases I had to choose from. The large dark base with the taller tree or the smaller oak base with the shorter tree. I chose the smaller base as I did not want to over power the figure with a tree that was too big.

[IMG]

Next I prepared the base for the ground work by drilling for the figure pegs as well as the single for the tree. In this way I can paint the base without the figure on it as well as the tree seperate on another base.

[IMG]

Here are the 4 views of the figure and the tree temporally on the base.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here is the plaster combination I use for the groundwork with the brass pegs extending from the plaster for later locating the figure and tree.

[IMG]
  6. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Guy the Huron is looking fantastic, good work, I'm looking forward to see him finish...
    cheers
    ER
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Ernest......I hope to work on the tree today and add a few branches and leaves
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hallo Guy,

Great work. Keep posting. I do like this figure, and the way he is turned out. Amazing work.

Marc
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have slowly been working on the groundwork of the Huron. I have finished the tree and the etched brass tree limbs and have attached to the main part of the tree trunk. I now have added tall weeds and ferns around the base of the tree.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hudson & Allen ground debris has also been added using diluted Elmers glue and has been set aside to dry.
  10. Brad S Member

Nice job overall Guy!

I really like these woodland indian figures that have recently popped up. Yours is looking very good. The groundwork also. Who makes the etched brass tree limbs? They could come in very handy.

Brad Spelts
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Brad.......The etched brass are from Military Miniatures Warehouse and are made by Nimex.

Here are photos of the finished Huron.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments are welcome
  12. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hello Guy,

Great work! Wished I was that Texas' collector ... :lol:

Johan ;)
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Johan for the kind words. As soon as the brass engraved plate arrives I will be handing it over to the collector.
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Guy,

What must i say, i wonder it with my mouth open.
    GREAT
    The collector can be a proud man, with this lovely piece.
    Marc