1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

How's this for mindless PC

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Jun 25, 2015.

1. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well what is the world coming to, lets just ban everything that might to some people have a bad history to it. I never thought of the CSA flag as anything more than a battle flag that the troupes rallied to and was a symbol of their independence. having seen Meany Southern Rock bands over the years and the CSA flag flying behind the bands. to these guys it was a symbol of where they came from. they did not see it as a race thing. it's the PC brigade that have managed to do that.

One crackpot with a gun that's what it is and all of a sudden that flag is responsible for his action, All they have done is pander to the PC brigade as always. a minority of small minded people who in fact could be just as dangerous as the guy with the gun. Some of us live in places where our fathers and their fathers fought to give us the right to free speech and the right to think freely. but as time goes by and these people gain ground what our ancestors fought for will soon be a banned memory too.

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    Mike S., Huw63, OldTaff and 3 others like this.
  2. Michael D Member

United-Kingdom
    I'll be honest and say, I have not read all the comment's on this thread.

When I first heard the news (about the flag) my first thought was, "they" will turn it into a racist symbol, which is what's happening.

My partner had a Confederate Railroad CD on Amazon that was removed because of the flag !
    I've just been on Google and it appear's all picture's of the CD cover have been removed. So did a search for Confederate Flag. All blank image's.

What next? Will some of us end up being banned because of our (Racist) name's ?

I took a dark skinned woman out and she asked what my surname was. When I told her, she accused me of being racist !

Goodness know's what her reaction would have been, if she had gone out with my school friend, A. Blackman........

Michael.
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Let me guess... Your last name is Duke?
    garyhiggins likes this.
  4. Huw63 A Fixture

Just thought I'd idly look this up, Google in Europe haven't removed images of the flag or of the Confederate Railroad CDs. Common sense prevails for the moment. Hooray.

How can a surname be racist? How ridiculous.

Cheers

Huw
  5. Michael D Member

United-Kingdom
    "How can a surname be racist? How ridiculous".

Huw,

Some people see "Racist" in everything ! Other's use it like the little boy who called Wolf. Some take full advantage of it!

I got to thinking last night, is America using the excuse of the Confederate Flag to hide the fact that Gun's are the real culprit and they don't want to face up to the truth? (That's not come out as well as I thought it!)

Make the Flag the bogeyman and hide the real culprit in that smokescreen.

Michael.
    garyhiggins and Huw63 like this.
  6. Huw63 A Fixture

From which part of the world do you hail?
  7. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hopefully not the U.S. as he has no right to the liberties and freedoms of the U.S. Constitution, and doesn't understand one word of it.
    sd0324 likes this.
  8. Michael D Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi,

Huw, I'm from the UK.

Mike,

:eek: I think I'll pass on replying to your comment.
  9. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good, because you are coming off as a new member very much in the manner of a troll. I'll spare us both by promptly adding you to my ignore list.
    sd0324 likes this.
  10. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    I think you should read all the comments before bringing things up that already caused some controversy. IMHO all has been said and this thread has run it`s course.
    Cheers, Martin
  11. Huw63 A Fixture

My conclusions to this thread:
    - PC crew are nuts and fascists
    - cultural difference over gun laws must be accepted and tolerated because we can't resolve it on this forum
    - victims shouldn't be forgotten
    - more important we discuss figures
    - I'm a politically incorrect reprobate.

Anyway back to watch my new DVD of gunslinging flamethrower wielding girls in bikinis vol 4 (with confederate flag on the cover)

Cheers

Huw
    -
  12. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Cor, Huw, what film is that?.........please!:p

Cheers,
    Alan
    tomifune, Michael D and garyhiggins like this.
  13. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Guys, a personal opinion, if we start arguing amongst ourselves we are just doing "Their" job for them! Divide and rule!
    Let's just agree they make us sick and if we give them enough rope they will eventually hang themselves (and good riddance). What America does about her gun laws is none of my business anyway it would be sheer hypocrisy because I'd go weak at the knees for an original Lancaster Valley flintlock long rifle or a boxed pair of Manton Duellers, or for that matter, an 1873 model one of a thousand Winchester.
    Huw, is that the one where they're wearing wet confederate flag tee shirts and a bushy fox tail:D:D?
    I will not be reconstructed an' I don't care a damn!!!!!!!!
    Best wishes, Gary.
    ChaosCossack, Martin64 and Huw63 like this.
  14. Huw63 A Fixture

I agree with your comments Gary.

As for the DVD you're referring to vol 3 - this is the volume where the bikinis are made of leather and steel, you know where the girls are led by Daisy Chain!

Cheers

Huw
    garyhiggins likes this.
  15. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    AAhh! good old Daisy, she'll keep them in order:LOL: Oh noooooo, if I close my eyes I can see Harriet Harmon in a leather bikini, black batman mask. with a whip.......... and waving a confederate flag???????:nailbiting::arghh:.
    Huw63 likes this.
  16. Huw63 A Fixture

That could even get me interested in politics!!! Drool
    garyhiggins likes this.
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England

I find it easier to imagine Theresa May in that get up.
    ChaosCossack and garyhiggins like this.
  18. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    :woot::wideyed: Sometimes, just sometimes........you guys worry me:LOL:
    garyhiggins likes this.
  19. tomifune A Fixture

United-States

Actually as many has feared, its only just starting......

Michael Dreese, who has written 6 non-fiction books on the Battle of Gettysburg, has had his book on Confederate battle flags used there banned by Amazon. There is nothing political in the book, only how the flags were used.
    http://wnep.com/2015/07/17/local-author-gets-book-pulled-from-amazon/

Memphis wants to relocate Nathan Bedford Forrest's statue, dig up his body and his wifes which are buried underneath the statue and relocate them. Some people have gotten overeager and have dug around the statue already.
    http://wreg.com/2015/06/25/mayor-wh...rd-forrest-statue-and-body-removed-from-park/
    http://www.theamericanmirror.com/im...ing-up-confederate-generals-grave-themselves/

The National Park Service has banned all Confederate flags from the parks . They even removed the flags from Fort Sumter and are not allowed on Confederate soldiers graves.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/f...makes-decision-sans-historian/article/2567521

Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson's names were dropped from the Democratic Party's fundraiser in Connecticut.
    http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Democrats-drop-Thomas-Jefferson-and-Andrew-6400544.php

Bob
    garyhiggins, Huw63 and Mike S. like this.
  20. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Oh, I've been doing that for years, it's just that Harriet Harmon has now joined her!!:(:cry:.
    What are you worried about Taff? We're the ones with the dodgy fantasies:nailbiting::nailbiting::arghh:.
    Huw63 likes this.