HOW TO UPLOAD IMAGES TO pF

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Chrisr, May 23, 2016.

1. Nap A Fixture

England

Agree there Neil..seems PB just want money !

Nap
  2. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nap,
    I cannot see the photo's on Ivo's new 2019 thread? It just says (image)in square brackets? I am using firefox and adblocker. I like to see Ivo's work as he is a wonderful instructer.
    I thought this was easier to let you know than a new Thread. If you want to move this to another location that is fine with me.
    Thanks
    John.
  3. Nap A Fixture

England

John

Thanks will get onto this asp

Nap
  4. pwadm Administrator

Canada
    The images show up OK on Ivo's thread...must be something specific to your browser. Try disabling extra plugins including adBlocker.
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nap, Pwadm,
    If I disable the ghostery ad blocker the pictures fill in fine.
    Thank you for the help, I love Ivos's work.
    John
  6. VicCina0269 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    How do I get my photos uploaded from my computer so they aren't sideways? They appear correctly oriented on my computer and on other sites but not this one.
  7. Nap A Fixture

England

Try rotating the files fully before attaching that might work ...if not msg me and I will put them right

Nap
    theBaron likes this.
  8. VicCina0269 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Why would I rotate the files if they are correctly oriented on my computer? They only change orientation when I upload them here.
  9. Nap A Fixture

England

I know in the past I have saved nembers pics that are showing sideways and then rotated them on my PC and they are correct when I ( as a mod ) put them back in to the members thread

Sorry can't be more helpful ..perhaps it's something to do with the initial upload ??

Msg sent

Nap
  10. pwadm Administrator

Canada
    There are two ways an image can be rotated:

1) by moving the actual pixels in the image
    2) by adding a small piece of data to the file, noting which orientation the image should be in (EXIF data)

PlanetFigure doesn't currently support #2. The forum software doesn't read the EXIF tag and shows the image as it is. There is no easy way to fix this. I will check if we can upgrade our image processing software to read exif information.
    housecarl and Nap like this.