1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

How to sculpt hands and feet (or shoes)

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by atitan_to, Apr 5, 2004.

1. atitan_to Member

Hello everyone,

In the figure sculpting process, I found it is difficult to scuplt both hands and feet (or shoes)....

Actually the difficulty of these parts won't below sculpting heads, yet since there are many articles introduce the head sculpting, it seems not difficult as we image...

Can anyone give me some instruction on sculpting these parts in 1/35 and 1/48?

Thanks

Titan
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Titan!

Great questions! Hands to me are one of the hardest things to sculpt and I really can't be of much help there as I am terrible at it. What I do is start with a 'fingerless' palm that you can make by taking a DML or Airfix hand and cut the fingers off, and then add new fingers with putty.

The feet are a little easier, I have only done feet a couple of times and each time I started out with a blob of cured putty, then this was carved down to the general shape of the foot, then the toes were scribed in with the tip of an X-Acto knife, and the foot was then trimmed down to size and smoothed out with Scotch Brite.

Gordy made an excellent SBS on how to make boots a while ago. I have tried to find the link but can't find it :( I am sure someone else can show you the way to it. It really makes it easy to make the boots!

(Gordy, what happened to your forum thread over at M.U.G?)
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Here are the SBS pictures for one hand. If you look at subsequent pages, you'll find the other hand.
  4. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    Hi
    I hope so that pics can halep You..
    That was a first step- only a general form

[IMG]

[IMG]

And after some work with moddelers knife and sandpaper

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

it 54 mm figure:)