1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

How to get M1941 field jacket oil mix

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by gendegaia, Apr 22, 2018.

1. gendegaia Active Member

Chile
    Hi fellows, I need your help. I've been trying to find an oil mix for a N1941 jacket. Someone who can suggest or share an appropriate mixture.
    Thanks in advance

Orlando[IMG]

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
  2. hypertex Active Member

United-States
    I've not seen an field jack of the color in your photo. The jackets I have seen vary in color, but I've never seen a green one. But I can tell you how to mix a more accurate one. Of course, there is more than one way to get the color you want.

The colors I've seen are in the very light and pale yellowish orange range, some would call khaki, tan, or light olive drab.

I start with olive, which I get by adding black to yellow, a warm yellow such as yellow ochre or cadmium yellow. Lighten that with lots of white. Then I add a tiny smidgen of red, such as cadmium red (and I mean tiny smidgen). If you add too much red, you get a fleshy color.

Hope that helps.
    WehrWolf and Noel Walker like this.
  3. gendegaia Active Member

Chile
    Many thanks for reply. It will help for sure.

Regards

Orlando

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
  4. Matt McGrath Member

United-States
    I agree with hypertex on the yellow ochre. I've never tried cadmium yellow. And he's spot on about a smidgen of red.
    gendegaia likes this.