1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

How I build dioramas Part 2

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JohnReid, Jun 22, 2008.

1. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  2. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  3. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  4. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  5. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  6. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  7. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  8. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  9. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  10. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
    I am thinking of using the Model Airways new Fokker DR.1 instead of the Camel.It just makes more sense that they would be testing the Fokker wing it after the problems that they experienced with wing failure.
    The Camel I can build separately or find a way of incorporating it in this diorama with the wings hung on the wall and the fuselage in storage above the rafters. [IMG]
  11. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  12. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  13. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  14. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  15. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
    I have decided that the new Model Airways Fokker DR.1 will take the place of the Camel on the trailer as it just fits in better with the storyline.I will build the Camel kit in sections and use a lot of the parts as generic aircraft parts from the era.I will modify the parts to become experimental in design.
    Because this diorama is bound for a museum that caters to the general public(mostly kids in an educational setting)
    the historical accuracy feature is secondary to holding their interest ,if only for a minute or two.The wind tunnel and the wing stress tester will be accurate as I can make them with the information that I have available to me.Because this is a shadow box I have more opportunity to direct the views attention to where I would like it to go using lighting and viewing angles etc...
  16. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  17. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  18. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  19. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  20. JohnReid Active Member

Canada