1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"How far Jerusalem..."

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike the Swede, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Mike the Swede Active Member

"How far Jerusalem"
    In the year 1096, in Clermont, the pope Urban II called for the need to capture the hole city of Jerusalem from the Muslims. The crusade he wanted turned into a mass movement of over 60 000 people, desperate to leave the poverty and starvation in feudal Europe..
    In 1099, after three long years of marching and fighting the crusaders, of Franks as they where called by the Muslims, finally reached Jerusalem and in July that year the holy city was conquered in an orgie of blood...

This 54mm scratch built figure is part of a three figure vignette showing these crusaders on their long way to the holy city, they are tired, worn out from fatigue, the hot sun and hunger, but they keep marching on... "How far Jerusalem"
    Stay tuned, more photos to come soon... [IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Dr Bison Well-Known Member

Germany
    He sure looks tired. Following with great interest.
    Karl
    Merryweather likes this.
  3. Mike the Swede Active Member

Thanks! Yes, that is indeed the feeling I am after here (y)
  4. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Mike I have a "Dejá vu" that I saw this Figure from you before ... the good thing is that I have never enough of your work :) - mostly if this time is going to be a vignette - great idea !!
    Following with interest ...
  5. Mike the Swede Active Member

You are indeed correct my friend, I did a similar figure about 15 years ago! I thought it was to do a new, and hopefully improved version!
    And this time being part of vignette! ;)
    Paulo likes this.
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work Mike as always. Is this figure intended for commercial release, or just as a one-off as part of the vignette?

- Steve
    Redcap likes this.
  7. Mike the Swede Active Member

Thanks Steve! It is a one off vignette... sorry!
    Babelfish likes this.
  8. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Great looking figure
  9. Mike the Swede Active Member

10. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Excellent sculpting, i take my hat of to these guys slogging across the middle east with all that gear on, it must have been hellish. I look forward to your progress.
    Scotty.
    Babelfish likes this.
  11. Mike the Swede Active Member

Thanks! Yeah, and besides that, all the fighting against hunger, deceases and the Muslims! No wonder less than 2/3 only made to Jerusalem!
    Babelfish and Scotty like this.
  12. Cannonball A Fixture

Another fantastic looking sculpt Mike which really does capture the essence of the story you are trying to portray. Can’t wait to see the accompanying figures.

Neal
  13. Mike the Swede Active Member

Thanks Neal, stay tuned for more... !
  14. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Lovely work Mike. The expression on his face tells it's own story.
  15. custer760 Well-Known Member

This is going to be a great Vignette once again from the master of Story telling in figures...love it..Bravo Mike
    Regards
    Pete
  16. Mike the Swede Active Member

Thanks guys! :)
    When doing a vignette, or diorama, it is all about telling a story. How to add drama and emotions to that story, from the body language to the expressions of the faces, it all has to work together. And it is a lot of fun to think of a scene and bit by bit go from thought to sculpting and finally painting.
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  17. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice figure looking forward to seeing the others and the completed painted scene, How Far Jerusalem nice title, also a haunting, thumping song by Magnum, not sure if about the same thing but good to paint too lol.
    TERRY
  18. Mike the Swede Active Member

Thanks Terry! Yeah, I like that Magnum song too! Great title, which I shamelessly nicked, from a great album back in 1985... guess I show my age here! ;)
  19. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful work Mike! The sculpt really captures the flavour of the First Crusade. Deus Vult! Regards Pete
  20. Mike the Swede Active Member