1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

How do you make water efect (rain) in Figures?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by FSancho, Oct 29, 2010.

1. FSancho New Member

United-States
    Hi everyone,

Some time ago I saw a Spanish model, my friend Joaquin Garcia Gazquez as painting a wet tank by the effect of rainwater. I refer to recent wet from the rain.

I work with acrylics Vallejo and / or Life Color

I want to relocated to the figures (scale 1:35), and I want to know ... Has anyone ever done?, What materials you have used (think bright satin varnish)?

Let's see if anyone knows about it helps me ....

Regards,
    Fernando Sancho.

PD: More than a figure I will not lose and Sorry my English...
  2. Einion Well-Known Member

The two main things to replicate are the wet look (so adding some degree of gloss) and the darkening of colour that occurs when something is wetted.

Various things darken in different ways when they are wet - cloth can go very much darker (how much varies with different fabrics); painted surfaces can go a little darker to a lot darker, depending on the colour and how matt the paint is; skin tends to just look more glossy.

Einion
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I use gloss varnish. Two, sometimes, three coats.
    I've seen people use clear resin on AFV's for making waterdrops at the tank. Time consuming but very effective.

Marc