1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hospitaller Gonfanonier c1263 (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by rej, Sep 14, 2008.

1. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    So this is where I stand with the Gonfanonier............

All that remains is the "outer" caparison, Chamfron, saddle and reins.............. hopefully I'll be able to post the "finished" pics by Wednesday or Thursday............

Banner, sheild and horse were painted in oils............the banner to show a different textile from the Knight's faded surcoat and horse's caparison, the sheild to depict dyed "red" leather used for the sheild covering, and the horse..........? Is there a better medium to paint a horse?

Ray ;)

Attached Files:

2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking really nice Ray! I love the reds. What mixes did you use for the tunic?

Joe
  3. Hardy Guest

Beautiful Ray, especially the shield mate. Hardy
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Rider looks great,looking frw to see it finished!
    christos
  5. Harrysti Member

Malta
    Ray

Nice tunic and shield.I like the reds.

Harold
  6. Miles Christi!

Coming up great my friend, I like the weathered red, looks a veteran! Come on a little more effort and almost done, push it a little bit to see it next Wednesday before the pilgrimage! I am smelling oils ... : )

Cerio

Ivan
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    looks very good so far !
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ray,
    I like what you have done so far.
    That shield is awesome.
    Looking forward to your next step.

marc
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    I'm sure he's looking forward to getting off that sharp drill bit and sitting down on his saddle.:D Looks fantastic Ray.
  10. dannyk01 New Member

Australia
    he's looking good so far, It will be interesting to see how he looks sitting on the horse :D

Daniel
  11. specmod Active Member

Australia
    This is reaaly looking good, cant wait to see it completed. I to love your tones of red,very nice.
    Cheers Andrew
  12. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thank you so much everyone for your responsive feedback..........much appreciated!!

Pls forgive me if I don't reply to you individually or look into your threads/posts as you know I'm a slave painter till the Gonfanonier is RIDING :D :( but I do get a cig break and stretch the legs a bit from time to time..........

Cheers to everyone.........

Ray ;)
  13. el cid New Member

Canada
    Inspirational work as is all of your work Ray- of which I am a big fan.
    I too admire the attention taken to apply the different tones and approach to red (the orange highlights are subtle yet faded -spot on mate) Makes me want to pick when up at the Chicago show! Can't wait to see the finished piece.
  14. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent shades and lights on the reds and the cape. If the rest will be like this it's going to be a stunning piece.

Marcel.
  15. "Tarakaman" New Member

United-States
    Awesome looking standard rej!!!!!