1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hospitaler Knight Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elvis, Feb 9, 2006.

1. elvis A Fixture

Luca sent me photos of a Hospitaler Knight he just finished painting. Its a 54mm Romeo Models figure.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Another beauty Luca.............thanks for sharring with us.
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ciao Luca, very nice, I like it very much. ;)

Ciao :)
    Roc.
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Luca , hi its a nice painting job. I just have a feeling that the cross onthe shield is not very accurate positioned as i see some twisting to the left side. Id also seek some extreme highlights on the top surface of the shield. Butthats another beautiful work from you
  4. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    The metalwork and the black are great, I reckon Costas is right though - the cross on the shield is off-line, but perhaps the medieval shield-painter had been at the mead that day! LOL
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's indeed a really nice piece Luca. Beautiful blacks. But I will agree with the rest of the guys regarding the cross pattern.

Xenofon
  6. Hammond_Lord Active Member

Hi all!

As always, Luca was so kind to present us his another masterpiece with beautiful paintwork , and wonderful shades of black. :)

Regarding the cross on the shield, don't forget that medieval shields (not all shields, but maybe this one, I can't tell from this point of view) were made of wood with canvas or some other cloth streched across. We can see that the shield is a battle weary, so think like canvas became little bit loose during fighting, and moved slightly to the side. Well, this is just my thought about it, but Luca can correct this minor imperfection if he finds it requiring.

Nemanja
  7. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Really great painting, Luca.

cheers
    Artur
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Luca, I like the way you did the black on the figure and especially the dirt at the bottom of the tunic and cloak.~Gary
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Luca,

As always great work. The black colour is really mastered. I like it.
    What about the cross?? It looks out of line. Is it possible that the angle of the camera get us on the wrong foot.

Marc
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Luca has sent a close-up of the shield.

Attached Files:

11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Yes,

It was the angle of the camera. The cross is in line...
    Great work Luca. Really like to now more of the black.

Marc
  12. elvis A Fixture

:lol: many thanks friends, to all. I have more surprise very soon. ciao from Luca :lol:
  13. angus147258 New Member

I'm a little late to reply for this thread. The figure looks great.
    May I ask what your black recipe is?

Jake