1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Horse head

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Sep 30, 2005.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi guys. Just wanted to show you something I've been working on lately. This is the horse head I sculpted for a master I will be doing. Hope you like

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. nagashino New Member

Hi Stephen

This looks pretty good to me so far. What scale is it?

Phil
  3. marcusmedina New Member

What kind of horse is this one? I´m asking because the american horses have a particular shape of head. try some american quarter horse association site.
    The shape of this one looks like the Criollo horse ( from argentina and brazilian south).
    The scupture is very nice. Could I make one like this. My skills are not so good

Marcus
  4. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    I'm dead tired as tomorrow I have to wake up at 04.00 for work :angry: but had to look this one up.........

You've outdone yourself mate..........I'm so proud of you :lol:

Keep it up REALLY........

Ray ;)
  5. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, the horse head is excellent. Now do the rest of him.
  6. jaime Member

Spain
    Excellent work.

Jaime
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Stephen.......keep going
  8. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Terrific work stephen
    very convincing ...what scale is it ..

Post some more as you progress

Frank (y)
  9. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Stephen,my friend,that's a VERY NICE sculpture (y) (y) (y) !!!! So,what scale is it and will it be a commercial release ? Looking forward to the next step,my friend. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautiful sculpt so far! Looks like a very intense horse!
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Lovely sculpting - as always - Stephen. A question - what are the different colors? Are you using different sculpting media or are they painted on to bring out detail you're looking at or color variation from putty baking or ?

All the best,
    Dan
  12. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi phil, the scale is 54mm

Marcus, don't know that much about horses. I use a lot of horses magazines for reference and what I did for this one is find a nice close up of a horse's head that i liked and tried to reproduce it.

Ray, my friend ,thanks. You'll see more of it surely

Yeo, yes it will be commercial. will tell you more at a later date pls.

Dan , you're correct. I'm using different media so I can see better where I'm sculpting the details.The red material is colour carve by Sylmasta. I bought this from Euro and tried it the first time. It's like MS but softer. When dry it's not as hard as MS though. Hope this helps.

Stephen Mallia
  13. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    I'll be looking forward to it,Stephen (y) (y) :lol: !!! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  14. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    So far I've used Magicsculpt mostly, some Duro, once tried A+B and Milliput, but I don't think it would have occured to me to mix them up solely to see details. Gosh - you guys that have been sculpting a few years have a lot of tricks!

And the crowd wailed in anguish - "Please show us more tricks!! No, no - Show us ALL your tricks RIGHT NOW!" ;) :lol:

All the best,
    Dan
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Dan , I have been mixing Duro and MS for quite some time. I find it gives the right feel for certain textures and details. I guess you always discover new things and that's what makes it alot of fun.

Stephen Mallia