1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Horse head 2

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by slaj, Oct 21, 2005.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi guys. I recently showed you ahorse head that I sculpted. The following is the converted version of the same head.Hope you like :lol:

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    another

Attached Files:

3. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hi Stephen,

Must have missed the original head, but this looks great to me (y)

And now the rest of the body ...

Johan
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, Very nice. Are you planning to do a vignette with mounted figures?~Gary
  5. nagashino New Member

Hey Stephen

This looks excellent! An old sculpting buddy of mine once told me "if you can sculpt a convincing horse, you can sculpt anything" - so, sky's the limit now mate :lol:

Best regards to you and yours!

Phil
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Niiiice work man!!
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    It would be nice to be able to sculpt anything, now I know what I need to sculpt next.~Gary
  8. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Very nice Stephen. Having done two horse heads recently I can appreciate what a nice job you have done.
  9. Manfred Active Member

Very nice work on the head and the leatherwork is crisp (y)
  10. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey did you have the strapping on when you brought it to club last Wed? In any case that looks terrific mate, coupled with the convincing head you've done :eek:

I second Phil here "the sky is the limit"

Keep it up, so proud of you :lol:

Ray ;)
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, excellet work, looking forward to seeing the rest of the horse.

Keep up the good work.

Ciao
    Roc.
  12. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    That looks great, I wouldnt like to find one in my bed. ;)

Cheers
  13. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Hey Stephen, without a doubt, it looks really good. Glad to see that "Boston Bug" has infected more than one person in Malta. Must have gotten you while you were asleep! :lol: But my question is, what will be riding the horse?

Jim Patrick
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Gary , thanks. The head ( and horse!) :lol: will be going for production. I will be sculpting another one butwill convert the same original head.

Stephen Mallia
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Phil I too believe that sometimes but 'anything' is a rather big word. Instead, I would like to keep my feet on the ground and see what I can do next. Thanks for the encouragement mate!!

Stephen Mallia
  16. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ray, you're right. The strapping was missing on Wednesday.Thanks for the push. I need it on this one.

Jim, buddy ,how are you? Your question is most sensible since I was daft enough to omit that. The rider is a medieval russian cavalryman of which I will be sculpting about 5. Will soon show you where I stand on the figure.

Stephen Mallia
  17. Opsofficer New Member

Nicely done! (y) But the bridle cuts into the head above the eyes (especially) too deep and then just below.
  18. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Justin thanks. To be honest I don't really understand what you mean. In my defence :lol: I can add that I only replicated what I had on my drawings. I'm surely no horse expert and I stand to be corrected.

Stephen Mallia
  19. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hey Stephen,I love the horses head.Great work.I look forward to see the horse in production.Kind regards John :)