1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Honest Abe

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by RKapuaala, Dec 12, 2011.

1. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I started sculpting Abe about a week or so ago, working on it in between some other projects. Its 1:12 scale, and I'm going to have him possed similar to this picture of him and General McClelan.
    lincolnsculpt1.jpg
  2. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    lincolnpose.jpg
    I worked a little on his pose last night. I have him seated in a piece of doll house furniture. Its similar to the chair that he is seated in in so many pictures. The ht, the depth, the ht of the back and the arms are the same as I calculate from the pictures, but the style is different. Mine is a queen Anne type arm chair and I believe his is federation style.
  3. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
  4. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Working on hands and arms and shoes today.
  5. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I'm cleaning him up now and getting ready to make molds.
    1lin.jpg
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent likeness Richard.
    Carl.(y)
  7. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Carl. I have sculpted this subject 3X and I believe I am getting closer to the correct likeness this time. This image was taken yesterday. I am laying up the figure for molds today.
    [IMG]
  8. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    My cleanout casting. This is the first time I am using smooth on resin. The cleanout casting came out of the mold no problem. The second and third casts were covered in a thin clear liquid that kept oozing from the plastic. The liquid seems to present no issue if the piece is taken out of the mold within an hour but if you leave it in for more than an hour its starts eating the plastic. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'll have to retrace my steps when I cast again tomorrow.[IMG]

Attached Files: