1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Honda Tadakatsu

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by myouchin, Feb 23, 2022.

1. myouchin Well-Known Member

Japan
    Hello everyone,
    Honda Tadakatsu(本多忠勝) is one of the shitennō(四天王) of Tokugawa Ieyasu(徳川家康) and one of the best brave man of the sengoku period. The truth is unknown, but it is said that he has participated in 57 battles in his lifetime and has never been injured.I referred to his portraits drawn in the post-Battle of Sekigahara era.
    This bust will be released by Alexandros Models.

南無八幡大菩薩

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG
  2. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

on me wish list...
    Oda likes this.
  3. Fransab Active Member

Spain
    Excellent work!!!!

One question, where do you get that tiny chainmail?

Cheers,

Francisco
  4. Banjer A Fixture

England
    Lovely piece of work, I will buy this.

Bill
  5. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Hats off to the sculptor! A remarkable sculpt.
    A few things from my apperception. The head sculpt looks like the same one from the previous Benkei bust but with different facial expression. The sode is kind of oversize and it looks odd it drapes perfectly curve over the shoulder. The odoshi on the sode could be more detail.
    Landrotten Highlander and Oda like this.
  6. Oda A Fixture

Probably one of the most well researched and sculpted samurai busts I have ever seen.Definitely on my list.The subject makes it even more welcome.People back then used to say they were two things above Tokugawa Ieyasu's head:His helmet and Honda Tadakatsu dono.

Oda.
  7. Vital Active Member

Russian-Federation
    As always - top class! Ringed armor!!!:dead:
    Oda likes this.
  8. myouchin Well-Known Member

Japan
    Thank you for your comment.This chain is handmade using 0.1mm and 0.2mm copper wire.
  9. myouchin Well-Known Member

Japan
    Thank you for the feedback, this is the right size for Ōsode, but other than that your points are mostly correct.

Ebine Shundō・・・・ I doubt that his paintings have any value as a reference.

It is said that the armor in the portrait and the armor in the photograph are the same, but when comparing the two, the kote, haidate, sunnate and other detailed features do not match.My most respected historian, Masayuki Fujimoto, judges that these two armors are completely different.Tatsuo Ii points out that the armor in the photo may not belong to Tadakatsu, but to his son Tadamasa.
    gerryj199, tomifune and Oda like this.
  10. myouchin Well-Known Member

Japan
    Thank you for your comment.The chains were a nightmare.
    Vital and Oda like this.
  11. Fransab Active Member

Spain
    My God!!!! That's patience
    Oda likes this.
  12. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Finally.

When Alexandre showed this on Facebook I was already looking forward to you showing more angles here. You've not disappointed at all.

I seem to remember him saying the end of the year, which is quite a wait but I'm looking forward to seeing his painted version when he does that.

Incredible work on the sculpting and all those tiny details.
    Oda likes this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    That's pure skill in sculpting , probably as good as it gets for the subject

Can't wait to see further pics , painted or not

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  14. myouchin Well-Known Member

Japan
    Thank you for your comment.My belief is a careful job. A careful job requires a lot of time.

厭離穢土欣求浄土
    Forté and Nap like this.