1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book 'Holding the line' Kharkov 1943 - Jeffshiu's Miniatures

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by artur_koszewski, Nov 25, 2016.

1. artur_koszewski Active Member

Poland
    Hello dear Planeters,

I suppose that many of you know the famous figure of German MG42 gunner Totenkopf, Kharkov 1943 which was sculpted in the 90s by John Rosengrant for KIRIN.
    That figure was released in 1/9 (200mm) scale and now for those who prefer more compact scale, Jeff Shiu released his version of this figure in 1/16 (120mm) scale.

Jeff’s figure meets today’s highest standards in matter of desing as well as amount and quality of details, so even though it is almost half of the size of its older and bigger brother, it is not worse in any aspect at all.

Title: 'Holding the line' Kharkov 1943
    Code: JS120048
    Scale: 1/16 (120mm)
    Type: full figure with scenic base
    Material: gray resin
    Number of parts: 23 + base
    Sculptor: Jeff Shiu
    Limited edition: 250 copies

Email: Jeff_Shiu@hotmail.com

Figure is packed in sturdy cardboard box typical for Jeff Shiu products, with photo showing complete figure from the front. The second foto showing figure from the back is included inside the box.

DSCN0866.JPG

Inside the box we find 23 parts (10 parts for ammo belts) plus scenic base, all nicely casted in gray resin.

Body

DSCN0845.JPG DSCN0846.JPG DSCN0847.JPG

Arms

DSCN0851.JPG

Legs

DSCN0855.JPG DSCN0857.JPG

MG42

DSCN0860.JPG

Gear

DSCN0854.JPG

Ammo belts

DSCN0861.JPG DSCN0863.JPG

Base

DSCN0844.jpg

I could not stop myself to assemble the figure temporarily using BlueTack

DSCN0868.JPG DSCN0869.JPG DSCN0870.JPG

Final conclusion
    Definitely a "must have" for all fans of WWII German figures in this scale.
    yeo_64, armorer, Redcap and 4 others like this.
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not my usual thing to paint but that is superb and emailed Jeff earlier for a sale. I rather suspect this is a classic in the making that won't be around for too long before they are all gone!

Gary
    Tommi and artur_koszewski like this.
  3. artur_koszewski Active Member

Poland
    Hi Gary,
    It is nice to hear from you.
    , but this one, along with other Kharkov Germans from S&T range, should fit perfectly your TAMIYA 1/16 Tiger I tank :)
  4. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Artur. STILL waiting to start the big Tiger and the S&T Kharkov figs. Perhaps in the next lifetime if not this one! :)

Hope you are well mate.
    Gary
    artur_koszewski likes this.
  5. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mine arrived today (just over 1 week from HK - UK!) and it is tremendous in all respects. Buy with complete confidence.

Gary
    artur_koszewski likes this.