1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hockey Sculpts

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by fsdesimone, Nov 1, 2004.

1. fsdesimone Member

And some close-ups:

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]
  2. fsdesimone Member

BTW, Jim C., I know you saw this figure already and I feel compelled to point out that you were right about the drapery on the back, but I decided not change it. I figured I'd just live and learn for the next project.

Francesca
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    FANTASTIC WORK,Francesca (y) (y) !!! Thanks for sharing them with us. Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work Francesca. I have enjoyed your sbs and photos you have posted.
  5. whdamon New Member

United-States
    "Working on at the same time as the golie"..........you got to be kidding me, BOTH at the same time. Incrediable!!!!!!!!!

Does it get any better..I think not Walt Damon
  6. Yarok New Member

Francesca; this is some amazing job! i really like the dynamic movements of the players, reminds me of Bill Horan's baseball players and the basketball players from Mac Farlane Toys :)
    Kudos for the cleanliness of the sculpting too (y)
  7. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Wow... Glad this was bumped to bring it to my atention. I know this may be late to the party, but I have a few ideas that might work for netting. Someone mention Easter, those net bags that the plastic colored eggs come in. Or the net bags from the grocery store from a bundle of oranges. Wedding tooling may be to small for this scale but someone mentioned 54mm. All else fails the way you did the webbing for the glove withe some larger string and glue.

Again FANtastic..
  8. fsdesimone Member

Patrick: Thanks very much. I, unfortunately, have been too busy lately to do a SBS-type posting, but I hope to at least post pictures when the newest figures I'm working on are further along.

Francesca
  9. fsdesimone Member

David: I had investigated wedding tooling - do you know how expensive that stuff is?!? Jeez... now I know why veils costs so much. Yikes.

I think I'm going to use this stuff http://www.activaproducts.com/products/scu...re/wiremesh.htm from Activa Products. It's wire mesh to be used as an underbody support for large sculptures. It comes in two sizes, and the smaller one looked to be a pretty good match for what I needed. Also it's very bendable and will stay in whatever shape I put it without glue/support.

Thanks for your suggestions and nice words. If the Activa stuff doesn't work out I may give them a try!

Francesca