1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hockey Sculpts

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by fsdesimone, Nov 1, 2004.

1. fsdesimone Member

Thanks John - this project has definitely been a learning experience. I'm very happy with it so far though.
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Francesca, Again, that mask is just great. It's nice to see someone that's passionate enough about a subject to include as much as possible without cutting corners.~Gary
  3. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Super job Francesca. Everything looks great and the mask is outstanding.
  4. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Francesca, nice sculpting..the detail is great. Thanks for all the informative pics.
    Makes for a really interesting thread to enjoy. :) Thank you.

All the best.

Roy.
  5. fsdesimone Member

Thanks a lot guys. I'll post some pictures soon of the completed figure. I'm really happy with how it has turned out.

Francesca
  6. fsdesimone Member

I was looking through things and realized I never actually posted the completed goalie...

Here he is:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. fsdesimone Member

And some close-ups of details:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Francesca..........I greatly admire your sculpting abilities and enjoy seeing your sbs's on the equipment and figure. Thanks for sharring.
  9. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Outstanding Fransesca!

-jim cox
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Francesca, Long time no see. Your figure turned out really nice, the equipment is just fantastic.~Gary
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    BEAUTIFUL WORK,Francesca (y) (y) (y) !!! Any chance of seeing them "live" in Boston next week ? Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  12. Calvin Member

Hey Francesca, a lot of putty here... :lol:
    When you will paint it ?
  13. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Exelent SBS Francesca!! I enjoyed a lot.

The end result is amazing, I hope we can see it painted.

Great work.

Alex.
  14. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Superb, Francesca. Cleverly done! The mask by itself is impressive and the action pose is fantastic!

all the best,
    Dan
  15. fsdesimone Member

Thanks a lot guys, I'm glad you all liked it.
    I won't be painting it though - someone else will.
    I noticed something upsetting though yesterday: I had used a resin blank mannequin of a head I had sculpted as the basis to build the rest of the features on but now it appears to be leaching (oil?) in certain spots... the primer has come off somewhat. I was thinking perhaps I would remove all the paint from the head, apply some superglue to the affected areas and re-sand. Perhaps that will keep this in check? Otherwise I have a big problem.

Francesca
  16. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Francesca,

I will say it again really nice job! I think this is your best but we will see how the 54 turns out? :eek: ;)

See you in a few days,

Joe
  17. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Absolutely awesome, Fran! You may well be the queen of Extreme Animation!
  18. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Francesca,

since I saw your sculpts first time I loved them - that was yesterday. Your sculpts are absolutly perfect and loaded with a lot of power.

And it`s an inspiration for me to see your work step by step. Thanks a lot for this documentation and charing.

I´m impatient to see your next work - until I admire your finished sculpts. :eek:

All the best,
    Markus
  19. fsdesimone Member

Steven: thanks a lot!

Markus: that's very nice of you to say. I appreciate it. :)

Francesca
  20. fsdesimone Member

I should also post the completed sculpt pictures of the Rod Gilbert figure I had been working on at the same time as the goalie:

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]