1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

HobbyZone Oil Paint Tube rack .... problem solved !!!

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade/Accessories' started by HansDig, Feb 11, 2019.

1. HansDig Active Member

Netherlands
    Hi,
    anybody else here using the HobbyZone oilpaint rack? I do, as well as their great racks for bottles and brushes but......... the oiltube rack didn''t work at all. The tubes kept falling out even by looking at it and due to the fact that the bottles are placed upside down the oil flows to the top of the tube instead of the bottom but.......................the solution was soooooo simpel..........
    Just turn the rack like this and both problems are solved.
    Now tell me, what should I charge HZ for this genius-idea .. :LOL::LOL:
    P2110001.JPG
  2. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    I put all my paints in a drawer. They lay down on a drawmat with a slope.. Bought it at the IKEA. Cheap and handsome solution. I have more then 40 tubes into the drawer. So this rack doesn't help me.

Marc
  3. HansDig Active Member

Netherlands

great solution, Marc. Problem is....I already had one of these. IKEA is a great place to get rather handy stuff for little money. I have a few of there "Snudda's" . Great for airbrushing and very large dio's.
  4. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Heb ik ook, alleen gebruik het zeer weinig.
  5. yellowcat Well-Known Member

Canada
    I don't have those fancy paint rack. I am using the same art bin that I used from my art school days some 40 years ago.

art tote2.JPG art tote1.JPG
  6. HansDig Active Member

Netherlands
    Ah, well if you'd follow my tip with your storage-box I think the result would be the exact opposite :happy::happy:
  7. yellowcat Well-Known Member

Canada
    It's nice your tip works for you.
    The rack was designed to store the tube upside down because gravity pulls the pigments down to settle at the opening and the oil solvent up at the back of the tube, so the oil solvent is less likely to leak.
  8. HansDig Active Member

Netherlands
    Yep, but the problem is that , when upside down, the oil flows to the front of the tube and it needs no more then looking at them to make them fall from the rack. I have them like this for a few days and now the oil is in the back and they don't fall off.
    What brand are you using btw?