1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Hitman - Bust 200mm

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by legend69, Mar 9, 2015.

1. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Everyone,

I have given painting a rest for a bit and have tested my skills at sculpting. A LOT of work still to do, but for my first attempt I am very happy with the results.

Thanks for looking - all comments welcome.

Anthony

p.s. BIG thank you to the Star Club in Athens for arranging excellent seminars with Michael Kontraros and for allowing me to expand my interest in sculpting !!!

Attached Files:

GARRY, Wings5797, Scotty and 7 others like this.
  2. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Anthony,
    Not familiar with this character, but first impressions it looks very well indeed. I don't know if you measured from an actual picture and scaled down, because the shoulders look huge and too wide, unless he's built like a brick outhouse.
    cheers
    Richie
    offo and legend69 like this.
  3. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece

Hi Richie,

Built like a brick outhouse sounds about right, but to be honest I have been contemplating shaving a bit off his shoulders.

Thanks,

Anthony
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Anthony,
    I am pretty broad across the shoulders, but my shoulders are about 3 head widths. I think your bust would look even better with the shoulders trimmed.
    cheers
    Richie
    hitman.jpg
    Wings5797, legend69 and offo like this.
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    If its a fictional comic book character, the wide shoulders may be appropriate. Its normal to exaggerate anatomy in some of those illustrations.....see Hulk and Thing. I seem to recall Hitman comes from that realm.

Colin
    Wings5797 and legend69 like this.
  6. doedskvad Member

Germany
    Great work so far! And let me know if you're going to have him casted. Agent 47 is my all time favourite video game character, so I'd love to have a bust of him.
    legend69 likes this.
  7. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi doedskvad,

Thanks for your comments - they are very encouraging. This is the first scratch built bust I have ever made so I am sorry to say that it will not be cast:(.

I am working on improving my sculpting skills before I even contemplate casting something I have made (maybe one day)!!!

Regards,

Anthony
  8. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Nice sculpting. I especially like how you have sculpted the tie to give the bust a sense of movement. Well done.
    Scotty and legend69 like this.
  9. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    One step closer to being finished...shoulder adjusted and tie finished.

Thanks for looking. I have included the picture that inspired me.....

Anthony

Attached Files:

GARRY likes this.