1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hitler Youth

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mil-mart, May 18, 2009.

1. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Haven't posted anyting for a while, so here goes.
    Just finished this bust of an Hitler Youth, I have mainly used Magic-sculpt before but was advised to try Super Sculpey Firm for the first time.

All comments and criticism welcome.
    Cheers Ken

Attached Files:

2. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    OOhhhhhh.........

i like that!

a lot!

Great idea Ken, so you casting off him or just painting???

Mark
  3. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Ken,
    great sculpting, innocent look to this lad, perhaps a touch of arrogance too....

sculpting wise, looks good.

Glad you turned off the camera flash and side lit the figure, allows the viewer to see the detail.

Lighting is a bit harsh, but nothing that cant be softened by a sheet of white paper or a frosted globe.

A very good sculpt, I think you have captured the build of a young man entering adolescence and leaving childhood behind, particularly in the face.

Cheers
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ken, my only small concern would be the neck, it feels a tad too thin or maybe a bit too long, maybe a bit of both for me. Otherwise a real fine bit sculpting for sure!

Jay H.
    OKc
  5. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Really nice bust! Very good character. I´m too concerned if his pencil neck can support his head ;)
    Pekka N.
  6. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Amazing sculpture.
    I liked it very much.
    Setting of the age of the character is unique.
    I think there are a lot of figures of Hitler who grew up, but it's for the first time that I saw something in boyhood

Mitsutaka
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark,
    thanks for you comments, I may make this one my first casting and poss practise painting a cast.

Jamie,
    always look forward to your comments, I was working from 2 pics of Hitler Youth, one of a arrogant looking teenager aged aprox 17 and a youthful looking 12 year old hopeing to achieve a blend of innocence and a sense of superiority.
    As to the poor quality of pics, In an effort to improve I took the photo's by the window during a rare spell of sunshine ( I'd sat by the window, camera poised for about 6 hrs:D ). I really must invest in a newer camera.

Cheers Ken
  8. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Something different but very nice subject and excellent sculpting,very real representation of a young boy,I believe that this is a neck for a 12 years old boy,welldone Ken.
  9. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jay,
    Pekka,
    I appreciate your comments and it's only from constructive criticism can we improve. In regards to the thinness of the neck, it was in my attempt to portray arrogance, that his head is held high, hence the perception of a long neck. Having said that, I think you're correct and have now added a small neck muscle to both sides. Many thanks.

Cheers Ken
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Christos, many thanks for your kind words, appreciated.

Cheers Ken
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mitsutaka, many thanks for your comments, the bust represents a member of the Hitler Youth Movement, which was Nazi Party controlled organisation.

Cheers Ken