1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Historex Spare Parts Madness

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Ettinger, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Steve Ettinger Active Member

United-States
    So I thought I would do an SBS on this Cuirassiers project. Eight mounted figures. Four Officers and four troopers, that's how I will tackle them. I want them to be reacting to a command, with the drawing of sabers. I didn't draw on any particular image; it just happened. Had on old officer figure in a good pose but it just never came out right so.. Used him, created an overcoat from Kneadatite and Magic Sculpt mix. Used a Shenandoah Horse. and recreated the bridle from some champagne foil ( do you realize how many different types of champagne you have to go thru to find the right one?) and Historex buckles, Airfix pistol holsters, and a cast metal horse tail from a long ago figure. Second is the Superior officer drawing his saber and controlling his mount. Historex officer saddle with added sheepskin cover (they will have the wolfs teeth edging). Officer has sculpted long coat tails. The Aid de Camp is done except for some bits and reins. Used Historex left leaning torso to get the dramatic effect. Used small electric motor copper wire to out line the front of his coat. All horses were shimmed to make them bulkier, and the right front leg of the ADC's horse was cut off and repositioned out ward slightly. The Fourth figure is the commander of the Color Guard. short coat tails sculpted. Arm drawing saber is a work in progress. All of you old school Historex patients out there tips will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Krest063, peedee, Tonton and 4 others like this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ambitious stuff Steve, but I'm lovin' how it's shaping up :)

Paul
  3. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice to see these in more detail after the group shots. Again the poses all look very well thought through and you have achieved great naturalism and interest in them all. Good luck with the progress.
    Cheers
    Mat
    Huw63 likes this.
  4. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    It's all looking good so far, Steve, should look quite dynamic(y)

Alan
    Huw63 likes this.
  5. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wonderful Steve.

I'm loving your drastic plastic !

Nap pointed out a company that supplies fly-tying materials for fishermen a while back called,
    www.troutcatchers.co.uk
    They offer flat lead strip in 1 and 2mm width, in addition to lead wire on spools. I have some and it's great for horse tack. They also do tungsten and lead sheet to slice up too.

I bet there's a similar supplier near you mate, have a look and it's stronger then champagne foil.

Looking forward to the next report.
    Paul.
    Mat Lambert and Huw63 like this.
  6. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey Paul,
    Knowing nothing at all about fishing which menu option on that website would I go to to search out the foil and wire you mention?
    Cheers
    Mat
  7. Steve Ettinger Active Member

United-States
    Thank you gentlemen! There is not any greater encouragement that I could hope for than from fellows like yourselves. And, I love being called Mate! Paul... I checked out the fly fishing supplies, and will try some of the lead wire, pretty inexpensive too. Thanks for the tip. Cheers Steve