1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Historex Spare Parts Madness IV

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Ettinger, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Steve Ettinger Active Member

United-States
    Captain Horse Artillery of the Line, attached to Lasalles Brigade. Horse finished and has a coat of primer, Officer has uniform blocked in ready to detail.

Attached Files:

Krest063, ivopreda, Tonton and 5 others like this.
  2. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Love the horse posture! Looks great!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Very interesting pose on the horse... I like it!
    If I had to say one thing, I'd say the uniform blue is a touch light... should be the dark Imperial Blue. Not a huge thing... eye of the beholder and all that.
    ec056bea5e56.jpg 43-7b4fa2cc2a.jpg

Following with interest, I have been tinkering with Historex conversions and scratchbuilt with Historex equipment, and like how you have approached this.

Colin
  4. swralph A Fixture

5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Shaping up nicely Steve.
    Your work on the horse has paid off'
    I remember, when my eyes worked better than they do know, putting the Historex horses head and neck into boiling water to bring it round to this position. They always look a bit two dimensional if you assemble them straight out of the bag.
    Good work Steve.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  6. Steve Ettinger Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the encouragement gentlemen. Your right Keith, in the old school days cutting, bending was a chore, that's why I think epoxy putty's are a fabulous tool. And as for the uniform color, Colin is right, the color needs to be much darker and I have fixed that. I have a French web site that sells replica uniforms and they have color swatches of green and blue uniform cloth, and the blues and greens are much darker than supposed. Again thanks fellows. I will be posting a new piece concept soon.
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Great Steve, can you post a link to the French replica site... I'd find that site very interesting.

Thanx

Colin
  8. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm loving all your Historex Spare Parts madness threads (y) , but just how much spare Historex parts do you have ??? Love the horse , it's so natural .
    chippy
  9. Steve Ettinger Active Member

United-States
    Colin, the link is http:/en.empirecostume.com . And Chippy, I have one of those 25 drawer plastic bins for screws and fasteners full from years of collecting. But Iam always looking for more. Thats the Madness LOL Steve