1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Historex British LD

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pilgrim53, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Pilgrim53 Active Member

Collectors Series, in a box; needed a some changes to the parts, sword and sabretache were wrong for instance. Guess it came out before the 1796 Sabre was available! Took a while to do, proved challenging. Note to self, next Historex project will be more straightforward. Final pose, figures weight through left hand and feet in stirrups, hopefully Pluck up the courage now to paint it! IMG_1105.jpg IMG_1106.jpg
    malc, elanlane13, Jaybo and 11 others like this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Congrats so far - A lot of work with these old Historex kits (y)

Looking forward to seeing it painted up. :)

Before you prime it I'd just have a quick look at the muscles in the neck which might need a little tweak? :unsure: (I've attached a picture to show what I mean)

Cheers
    Paul

relaxed-dressage-horse.jpg
    clrsgt, MCPWilk and Nap like this.
  3. Pilgrim53 Active Member

Thanks for that; shall have a look and compare; the whole thing needs a bit of tidying.
    DaddyO and Nap like this.
  4. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Liking the look of this a lot! I'm a great fan of British cavalry figures and this looks like it's going to be a good one. Following with interest. Regards Pete
    clrsgt, Pilgrim53 and Nap like this.
  5. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Pilgrim, Nice job on the British Light Dragon Kit. Well recall it and think you have done a very nice job building it.(y) Look forward to seeing it painted! For me the painting is the area I fall short of completing. Thanks for sharing your work!

Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Military Figure Society:)
    clrsgt likes this.
  6. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Looks very good so far. I also agree that the horse's neck muscles need a bit of a tweak. Look forward to seeing some paint on it.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Stephen

Good to see Historex kits being built here .....the cutting edge when originally released and still good quality

Good call by Daddy0 ...look forward to your next updates , you've done a good start

I see your in Bristol perhaps you might be interested in coming along to Bugle Call at Naiksea school next November 21st ...all being well

Happy benchtime

Nap
    DaddyO likes this.
  8. Pilgrim53 Active Member

Yes, Bristol, well Thornbury out on the Severn estuary. Have been to Bugle call last couple of years, hopefully 2021! Shall have a look at reference and re-sculpt!
    DaddyO likes this.