1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Historex 54mm production dates?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Jerry Cashman, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Jerry Cashman New Member

Hi pF,
    My local hobby club (the ACT Scale Modellers in Canberra, Australia) is going to be celebrating our 50th anniversary next year and we are running a special build theme for models which were produced before 1972.

Most fellows are looking at building old Airfix series 1 models and the like, but I dug through my stash and found a couple of quite old Historex minis that look good.

The only problem I have is I haven't been able to find anything information that gives actual production dates of any of these figures. There is nothing on the original paper label and the normally fabulous ScaleMates doesn't list production dates.

So I'm looking for any information people might be able to point me at which gives even general dates for Historex minis!

Many thanks!

Jerry Cashman
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    The first Historex packing in 1963 were " crystal packing" ( very short period, I have personaly never seen one ) then directly followed by plastic bag
    See on this video at 1,02 min the unpacking of a crystal pack by the actual owner of Historex

as you can see on this picture, the description was " stamped" not printed
    historex (2).jpg

The actual production is still made with the old moulds, what you find in an actual packing is exactly what Adam found when opening his first kit

SEGOM are automaticaly old production

AND ... for the fun, this is a Historex kit mounted and painted in 72-73 ( third tentative of Ray Lamb at painting a figurine )

Lamb chasseur.jpg

You can also include figurine from Helmet or Mokarex or Storme or Mokalux

Please let us see the results of your " celebration"

Best

See also here catalog of the 60 70ies from Historex to know what was alredy exiting in those times
    http://members.upnaway.com/~obees/soldiers/nap_uniforms/
    Jerry Cashman, MCPWilk and Nap like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jerry

Firstly Welcome to PF , do introduce yourself and the club in the Welcome Aboard part

Can I suggest contacting Historex themselves ...certainly a great idea for the club

Nap
    Jerry Cashman and Mirofsoft like this.
  4. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking through my Military Modelling of December 1971, I came across this Historex Advert:-

Dec-1971.jpg

Checking that against one of my oldish Historex catalogues shows the Scots Greys to be on Catalogue List No. 16.
    Since Historex added to their listings on a regular basis, anything before list No. 17 can be taken as being prior to 1972.

The following scans contain all the page listings from 1-16:-

Historex 1-4.jpg Historex 5-9.jpg Historex 10-14.jpg Historex 15-16.jpg

Looks like you will have plenty to choose from for your requirement of pre-1972.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Mirofsoft likes this.
  5. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
  6. Jerry Cashman New Member

People - I'm overwhelmed! Thank you all very much for your help and support!

I am not by nature a figure painter - but hope I can do a workman-like job. I'll post the results when I get there! :)

Thanks again - very much appreciated.

Jerry