1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hints And Tips Needed For Douglas Motorcycle

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by megroot, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Late post on the Douglas but I thought it interesting that a beautiful one is seen in the first section of the BBC/PBC miniseries "My Boy Jack," about Rudyard Kipling's only son John, MIA at Loos in 1915 and never found. I got the DVD for Christmas. Its a cheap pick up and well worth watching if you are into the Great War and want your heart strings tugged.

Colin
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant film Colin.
    Carl.(y)
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Agreed - I also got "Regeneration" and "Birdsong," two other wrenching WWI films.

Colin
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I've have "My boy Jack "on the HD, and it whas a great movie.
    Gonna surch for the other two.

Marc
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Marc -

Regeneration is a film based on Pat Barker's award winning book, part of a trilogy. Its about the famous British war poets Siegfried Sassoon, Wilfred Owen and Robert Graves and their time at Craiglockhart Hospital while Sassoon and Owen were under treatment for shell shock - Sassoon as part of a government to discredit him for an anti-war manifesto he published.

Like My Boy Jack, Birdsong is a BBC/PBS miniseries based on Sebastian Faulkes' beloved book about a pre-war love affair, the Somme and the war underground fought by miners. Its a slow program watch but it is haunting and I find myslef brought back to it over and over. But then I will take a chick flick over an action movie any day.

If you liked My Boy Jack, you should like these equally, if not more.

I can also recommend one other minseries - "All the King's Men" about the mystical disappearence of the Sandringham Company at Galipolli - this company was recruited from the King;s personal household staff at Sandringham - make sure you get the right one starring David Jason as there is an American film with the same name.

Cheers

Colin