1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Highwayman Bust, 1/10th scale conversion

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Feb 9, 2010.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Jamie, the eyes arethe focus of the entire bust so they do need to draw your attention. I don't usually paint catch lights in eyes, but I've started to do so recently and I must say they do make a big difference. I've been focussing on building up the shadows on the cloakand leather jacket and trying to create the look of dirty, distressed leather for the hat.

Thank you for your kind comment Mitsutaka, I always appreciate your encouragement. I have attached some new pics to show you where I'm at present.

Cheers Tom, I hope you like what I'm doing with him now. I've still got a long way to go.

Thanks Tony, it's hard enough to drag myself away from the TV at the best of times but the Winter Olympics are going to eat into my modelling time over the next two weeks. I appreciate your comments. How's your bust going?? Care to post some progress pics mate!!

Hi John, thanks mate. I hope you like these new pics too. As you see from these pics, I'm stillbuilding up the layers of colour and haven't started highlighting the upper body yet.

Attached Files:

2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ya Tony,
    Great progress so far. Love the paintwork on the hat, looks like the real thing, amazing!!! Still wondering where you are going to put the monkey HAHA, only kidding. I had a bit of a stuff up on my bust last night, so it has put me behind a bit, got to do a fair bit of work this weekend so not sure if I will get time to put more pics up of mine.
    Anyway, your one is looking great
    Ben
  3. Mark S Guest

Looking great Tony.
    I would have perhaps taken the point off the nose as happens when you wrap a kerchief round ya head.
    Love the texture on the hat.
    Cheers
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G;day Mark,

Where've you been lately you old bugger. I've missed your presence on pF. What are you working on at the moment??

I actually did shave the nose off a bit, however it kinda grew back when I added the putty. D'oh.

Thanks for your comments mate.
  5. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Tony,

Nice work and the eyes! Well done!(y)
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Ben and Jim,

I appreciate your comments very much. I'm continuing to work on this bust and will post a few more WIP pics in a day or two.

Sorry to hear about your boo boo Ben, I hope it's not too bad.
  7. khorgor Member

Australia
    wow tony

that was a quick progression!!!! good work

I better get back to work and keep up :-D
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Scotty,

Hope to see some of your pics soon mate.

Here's a few WIP pics of my bust. I've been trying to replicate the look of worn and weathered oilskin for his cloak. I've haven't finished work on the brown leather or the pistol yet.

Attached Files:

9. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Tony,
    Excellent looking bust and the oilskin looks very good!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great work Tony and I too like the oilskin. Perhaps highwaymen will become as popular as Pirates, here's a thought, were there any highwaywomen that you know of. :confused: (y)

Cheers Ken
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Marcel, I always appreciate your comments.

Hiya Ken, thanks mate. The oil skin is still a bit too clean and shiny. I'll hit it with pastels once I've done the brown leather. I'm not aware of any highwaywomen (apart from The Shadow from Blackadder 3), but I'm sure she'd be a saucy wench!!