1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Highlander painted

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Nov 25, 2006.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ok , here's the highlander in it's painted form. Not the best of pics but one can get the general idea. Hope you like it.

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    another side

Attached Files:

3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    back

Attached Files:

4. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    detail

Attached Files:

5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Man! Stephen, really nicely done! The plaid turned out simply outstanding! Great stuff here!!!!!

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Step[hen, very good...., I like the way you painted the highlander.
    My friend you are multi talented, great sculptor and a very good painter.

Ciao
    Roc. :)
  7. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    fantastic work.... :eek:
    ER
  8. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    TERRIFIC work Stephen! (y) That is some fantastic painting. Seems Joe sent you one of those bottles of plaid paint! :lol: Did you weather each stripe?

Jim Patrick
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, That is really nice. Great job on the tartan. Now...get us some darker pictures. :) ~Gary
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work Stephen,my compliments!
    christos
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guys, thanks.

Roc, thanks, I'm humbled

Stephen Mallia
  12. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Very good painting of the tartan indeed, Stephen.

Nice figure.

Cheers
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jim, (and all ), here's alittle rundown of how I went about with the Tartan. Firstly, this is the Farquharson ( ancient) tartan and all the info is thanks to Micheal Scarborough ( planet member ). Altough it does not show that much, every tan box is of a different shade. In fact there are 4 shades of tan in all. I mixed a shade of tan as base colour and laid it in. Next step was the thicker dark lines. These are a shade lighter than black and the intersections painted in black. At this point the other 3 shades of tan were mixed and painted. Care was taken not to disrupt the already painted dark lines. At this stage the yellow and red lines were painted in. Now came the tough part ( as the above wasn't tough enough :lol: ). Every other 'box' had 2 thin black lines. That's one on evry side of the thicker dark line. This sounds easy enough but , believe me , with the coat and all this was a nightmare. After all was painted all the shadowing was applied. Highlighting was only painted on the back of the trews ( detail photo) since all other areas where in hidden areas. I hope this is of help even though it is somewhat confusing :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stephen,

It is not only confusion, this is not the clue. :eek: Infact it is the staedy hand.
    AND I DONT HAVE' SUCH A STAEDY HAND :( :(
    great work on the figure, specially the Tartan..

Marc
  15. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Fantastic work Stephen, I like too much the tartan , good clan election ,I wait your tartan because ,is very dificult paint with the overcoat.Regards Jose Luis
  16. Kyle Member

United-States
    Bravo, Stephen!

The tartan is brilliant. This shows how talent + patience + experience = a great piece of work.

Kudos, my friend!

Cheers,

Kyle ;)
  17. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Wow! Well done! I knew you could. :lol:

I like your choice of tartan. It's not very common.

Wendy
  18. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen,

I know someone that will be really happy! Looks even better now with paint on it.

Look forward to seeing it in person, let me know if you need me to send the pictures for you.

Joe
  19. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Congratulations Stephen. You really did great with the tartan. I'm glad you made it. :)

Xenofon
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guys thanks. Very appreciated.

Joe, I still need to get through to our friend, especially with regards to the other project. I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Stephen Mallia