1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Highland Clansman Vet"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ghostrider, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Ghostrider New Member

Hey everyone,

Here's my try at painting the 70MM Elite Miniatures "Highland Clansman Verteran - Culloden 1746". It's my first try at painting a tartan pattern on a kilt. ;) I'm happy with my first attempt but practice, practice, practice. :lol: I look forward to your comments/suggestions.

Cheers
    Bob Waltman

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bob,

I remember seeing this one in Atlanta last year. Nice work on the tartan.

Joe
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    beautiful work Bob......love the tartan
  4. diosytexas Member

England
    hey bob. the whole thing looks bang on.
  5. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Bob,

Nice job all the way around. I especially like the groundwork but I'm real impressed with the stripes on his socks (hose?, whatever). I could never get the stripes equal so from now on, any Scotsmen I paint will be wearing spats up to their armpits. Good work.

Mike
  6. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Excellent work Bob. Next time you paint some tartans maybe Joe could share that "plaid" paint :lol: . It's a very nice, rugged looking highlander you have here. Reminds me of the old guy from Braveheart. Damn that guy was tough! Iv'e seen a lot of these figures painted and have never bought one. Hmmmmm, is it too early to start a pre-order at the wharehouse for Mastercon?

Thanks for showing this again,
    Jim Patrick