Hidatsi Flat 70mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, May 13, 2006.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    This is another project that has been in the wings. Since doing Roy's "Cheif Joseph Rides to Surrender" flat a couple of months ago, I find myself with a flat in the works all the time now.

This is a Metal Models Indien Hidatsi, sculpted by Fabrice Eisenbach and I purchased this with 2 others from Red Lancers.

[IMG]

My first step was to fasten to a work surface and spray prime the flat with R9 Floquil primer. After the primer drys I do the flesh the same way I would a full round figure and set aside to dry.

[IMG]

After drying I re-cut the non flesh areas with floquil primer using a 3/0 brush and again set aside to dry.

[IMG]

All comments welcome.
  2. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Interesting piece, Guy. I considered getting this one myself. Now I wish I had!

One technical question - looks like both this and the Roy Hunt piece have no palce to anchor it to a painting base. How do you anchor it to paint it so that you can move it to a more permanent backing later?
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Pat. You can see the orange "Poster Tack" I have used to fasten the flat to the same board that I had Roy's flat on. It is an adhesive sold in Michaels for mounting posters to the wall without leaving holes. Pretty good stuff with a multitude of other uses.
  4. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Great idea! I will put that idea to good use soon. Thanks for the tip, Guy!

Looking forward to the3 finished piece.
  5. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Guy,
    Is this poster tack stuff more tacky than Blue Tack, and is it more rigid, too?

Ray
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I couldn't give you a comparrison with blue tac........never used any. The Orange tac is very pliable tho.