1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hidatsi Flat 70mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, May 13, 2006.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    This is another project that has been in the wings. Since doing Roy's "Cheif Joseph Rides to Surrender" flat a couple of months ago, I find myself with a flat in the works all the time now.

This is a Metal Models Indien Hidatsi, sculpted by Fabrice Eisenbach and I purchased this with 2 others from Red Lancers.

[IMG]

My first step was to fasten to a work surface and spray prime the flat with R9 Floquil primer. After the primer drys I do the flesh the same way I would a full round figure and set aside to dry.

[IMG]

After drying I re-cut the non flesh areas with floquil primer using a 3/0 brush and again set aside to dry.

[IMG]

All comments welcome.
  2. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Interesting piece, Guy. I considered getting this one myself. Now I wish I had!

One technical question - looks like both this and the Roy Hunt piece have no palce to anchor it to a painting base. How do you anchor it to paint it so that you can move it to a more permanent backing later?
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Pat. You can see the orange "Poster Tack" I have used to fasten the flat to the same board that I had Roy's flat on. It is an adhesive sold in Michaels for mounting posters to the wall without leaving holes. Pretty good stuff with a multitude of other uses.
  4. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Great idea! I will put that idea to good use soon. Thanks for the tip, Guy!

Looking forward to the3 finished piece.
  5. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Guy,
    Is this poster tack stuff more tacky than Blue Tack, and is it more rigid, too?

Ray
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I couldn't give you a comparrison with blue tac........never used any. The Orange tac is very pliable tho.