1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hi! New to the Forum.

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Dolf, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Hi!

I've been on the miniatures hobby for some time, but some decades ago.
    Have done mnainly aircraft, vehicles (both military and civilian), some dioramas (different scales, from the 1/72 to the 1/35), and at some point also some figures (the few I did were all Verlinden 120mm and one 200mm).
    Am now trying to slowly re-start this great hobby. Right now I have two projects in hands. One is a 1/24 Monogram 1931 R-R (ref: 2303), and the other (which is the main reason why I joined this Forum) is another 120mm Verlinden figure, a US Navy Pilot, Pacific WWII, ref: 434.

Happy to have found a place that is mainly focused on figures, as I still have a few other Verlinden 120mm ones on their original boxes, for the future.

Cheers!

Dolf
    oldtrousers likes this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Welcome.
    I'm sure you will enjoy your time with us.
    There is a mountain of information within the group
    so don't be afraid to ask.
    All the best
    Mick
    Dolf and Nap like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Dolf

A BIG WELCOME to PF

Mick's said it all really but feel free to message me if you need any help

Look forward to seeing your artwork

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Dolf likes this.
  4. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Hi!

Thank you Mick and Nap for the welcoming (y)

Nap, I do have a few pics, but they are old (1st digital camera I had) and not good enough.

I took some new pics yesterday (have another better digital camera :) ), of some of my Verlinden figures, but noticed that they are dirty, after years collecting dust on shelves!
    Any tips on how to clean them up?

I remember that at some point (years after making them) I did it, and if not mistaken I may have used some product for cleaning cars (you know, for making the paint shine), that was not abrasive, nor aggressive, and didn't ruin my paits at all.
    I now remember that for the US pilots I did before (I did two, the Memphis Belle USAF crewman, ref: 583, that I mentioned before on another topic & post, and a USAF Fighter Pilot WWII, ref: 487), as both have leather jackets, I've used a oil paint (either from Lefranc & Bourgeois, or from Van Gogh), to give them a better final rendering, and those jackets were shiny and looked great. Now they are fade after all these years collecting dust :( I have tried cleaning them with a dry large soft brush, also a cotton swab, but it only removed some superficial dust, obviously not giving those jackets the shiny look they originally had. The car product I used before, on the other hand, really had that cleaning and shinning effect, but I don't have it anymore, and don't even remember exactly what it was :(

Any tips on how to clean them up so I'll be able to take some good pics and post them?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers!

Dolf
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  6. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Thank you, Mirofsoft!

Cheers!

Dolf
  7. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia