1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hi from...

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Kel E, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Kel E New Member

Canada
    British Columbia, a few miles from the border. :)

I sculpt in 2 scales somewhere between 1/6th and 1/4th. Prefer historical, sword and sorcery, and old movie subjects (doing Hammer Films actors at the moment).
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome.

I do like some larger pieces to eork on now and again, I know there's a few guys and girls here who do them too.

I do hope you enjoy being a part of this merry gang of putty pushers and brush daubers.

Psul
    Kel E likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

A BIG welcone from me , good to have you with us

A great group of folk here only too willing to share their thoughts and advice ..so enjoy the forum

Look forward to seeing your work ...especially if they are busts !...guess what I only do ...lol

Nap
    Kel E likes this.
  4. Kel E New Member

Canada
    Thanks for the welcomes!
  5. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Kel, your chosen scale is damn big! :eek: .... I know 'British Columbia', is big. .... But good grief how big do figures have to be, before its filled.. :LOL:

Anyway welcome to 'Bedlam'. ..;)

Regards.

Mark.
    Kel E likes this.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Welcome to Planet Figure!
    Kel E likes this.
  7. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome to the board
    Kel E likes this.
  8. Kel E New Member

Canada
    I am surprised there are people who do lifesize figures--I would never have the room for them. I was doing computer graphics for a number of years--I didnt like sculpting figures by computer though--thus after a while I wanted to get back to real clay. However, I am impressed with the methods of making 3d printed figures in small sale-from the little I have seen of them (I notice the "digis" forum) they can make for miniature figures that are proportionally accurate. The smallest figure I ever carved was somewhere between 1/48 and 1/35 scale I think.
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Kel E,

I like the large scale (1/6th scale) military busts and figures produced by Naked Army. Due to declining eye sight, the larger scale figures and busts are becoming more attractive to me.
    Kel E likes this.
  10. Kel E New Member

Canada
    I am most comfortable with 1/6th scale--however I forced myself to do some in a larger scale just to shake up my skills. I think I am beginning to have eyesight trouble myself!
  11. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Kel,

Welcome aboard. You will enjoy this forum.

Not only is your province a beautiful place with wonderfully friendly people, your red wines from the Okanagan Valley are outstanding. Shame we can't get them here in Oz.

Cheers
    Chris
  12. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Glad to have you Kel E (y)!

Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Joe
  13. Kel E New Member

Canada
  14. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    :wideyed::cool:!

Now that's cool!

Joe
    Kel E likes this.
  15. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Kel E,