1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hi from the UK

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Mzark, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Mzark New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for allowing me to join Planet Figure,
    I am a scale modeller who has dabbled in figure painting a while back mostly Fantasy via Games Workshop some 35mm military figures and one or two 1/16th scale Tamiya figures.
    I found a sit online called Mitches Military Models and was very taken with the models they sell,
    so the wife has sallied forth and has bought me two 1/9th scale Busts one is Sean Bean out of Sharp
    and the other is Col.Sgt.Bourne from the film Zulu, so i am doing research for those at the minute.

The other thing i was going to ask is.... Has anybody had dealings with a company on an auction
    site called XXXXXX they are selling figures and busts of all sorts in 1/10th scale all less than £20
    plus £5 pp from Russia are they recasts he has plenty of good reviews, anyway just wondered.
    Thanks
    Paul
  2. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet, Paul!

Regarding company you said, I have never dealt with them. Having said that, the fact that they are a Russian outfit makes my radar ping, that it is possible that they sell pirated works. It's good that you asked about that specifically. I'm curious to hear what any of the members might know, too.

Prost!
    Brad
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Paul

A BIG WELCOME to PF great to have you here

Feel free to ask anything

Ref the e bay seller I have sent a PM to both you and Baron

Nap
  4. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Paul,
    Sorry to say that even without mentioning names, we know exactly to whom you are referring on the auction site. He is definitely a recaster and sadly yes, he has a good following from people who unscrupulously purchase his recasts. In his product descriptions, the kits all come without a box, and he never mentions the manufacturer names so these are already indicators that they are recasts. The price itself is also a warning. Always be aware of these 3 main indicators on such auction sites.
  5. Mzark New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks elgreco for the heads up i will stear clear of that seller, there are quite a few decent companies out there and i will probably try them all at some point
    really like figure painting so relaxing and theraputic.
    Thanks
    Paul
  6. swralph A Fixture

Hello Paul and welcome to PF:).
  7. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Welcome aboard (y)
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Welcome to PF Paul.
  9. drhall762 New Member

Welcome Paul. Always sad to see the re-casters at work. While we are on the subject, I ran across an outfit on eBay from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Has a bunch of great looking pictures of miniatures. Nuts Planet and Milosh Approved? Anyone know anything about them? Hard to believe with our copy right laws that he would be a re-caster but I am pretty gun-shy anymore.
  10. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    You're not allowed... but invited and welcomed
  11. Mzark New Member

United-Kingdom
    What am i not allowed???
  12. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    French humor
    Beginning with the negative form to emphase on the big YES you're welcome ;)