1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hi from the East

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by John Howard, Jun 23, 2015.

1. John Howard Member

East Anglia - well Peterborough actually.
    A first-timer here and recently returned to model figure building/painting after a break of about 30 years.
    Just finished a Maurice Corry sculpted 120mm 5th Dragoon Guard. I might post a few a pics when I feel a bit more confident.
    Cheers for now.
  2. Graham PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi John, I am also in Peterborough. Don't worry about posting work on this forum you will be made welcome and given nothing but support and encouragement. Try to get to Figure World at Oundle on July 25 where you will get chance to see some great figure painting but also meet some of the great folks on this forum.
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi John,
    Welcome aboard, hope you have a great time with us. As Graham said try and get yourself along to Figure World.
    cheers
    Richie
  4. John Howard Member

Hi Graham & Richie
    Thanks for the welcome. Figure World is in the diary and I've bookmarked it on Facebook.
    Cheers
    John
    Graham likes this.
  5. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Howdy John, and welcome to the Planet!

Joe
  6. John Howard Member

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the welcome.

Cheers

John
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Pretty decent work after thirty years I would say. You will find a lot has changed but it's as fun and relaxing as ever.
  8. John Howard Member

9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day John, welcome to Planet Figure. Doesn't look like the 30 year break from figure modelling has hurt your painting skills.
  10. John Howard Member

11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Welcome to the forum john,look forward to seeing some more of your work on here
  12. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hi John, welcome to planetfigure, hope you enjoy the forums and the company. Don't be shy of posting, no one's going to tear you down:).
    Best wishes, Gary.
  13. John Howard Member

Cheers Smudger, cheers Gary. Hope to post some more stuff in the future.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  14. Graham PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Anything in the pipeline John?
  15. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi John,

hope to see you at Figure World.
  16. John Howard Member

Hi Graham

I've got a 120mm 11th Hussar from Mitches Military Models which will be my next project - I'll keep you posted. I've also got a hankering after the diehard drummers figures. Also got a vague idea about the Loyal Regiment but not sure yet.

Cheers

John
  17. John Howard Member

Hi Jon

It's in the diary.