1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hi from Thailand

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Bert Elson, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Bert Elson New Member

Hi everyone your forum travels far and wide, like many of you I enjoyed modelling in my younger days and gave it up when i joined up!
    I am now retired in Thailand but help run the Royal British Legion here and wanted some models to go with the Military Prints around the Bar, so I have started again, but what an advancement there has been! CGS and Mitches have been great by sending me my first models and I have managed to source most other things locally, apart from Knowledge!!
    I struggled with whites, faces and other things so turned to YouTube where I found too much information, glad to say that by finding this site I have also found most of the information I needed or been signposted to other sites.
    I am now attempting the SAS Jeep Gunner 1941 and my biggest problem with that is how to fit the 50 Cal, is it supposed to just dangle in the air!!!
    oldtrousers and Nap like this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Welcome to Planet Figures
    You lucky bugger living in Thailand
    Been four times cant wait to go again
    Mick
    Bert Elson likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Bert Elson likes this.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Pleased to meet you Bert.(y)
    Bert Elson likes this.
  5. Bert Elson New Member

Been here 23 Years Mick, although retired now I am the Honoraty Consul for the Embassy which keeps me busy, let me know when your coming over and I will put an order in!
    mick3272 likes this.
  6. mick3272 A Fixture

No Problem , Come over every 3 yrs or so as our daughter lives in Aus so we meet half way.
    Enjoy your modelling.
    Mick
  7. PanzerIV Member

Welcome aboard, there is a heap of useful info and plenty of helpful members on here.

Cheers,
    Brendon.
    Bert Elson likes this.
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome and enjoy.
    Cheers
    John
    Bert Elson likes this.
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium