1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hi from Sweden

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Henrik Laurell, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Henrik Laurell Member

Sweden
    Hi Folks,

Just joined as a new member!

I have been a train modeler since my teens but recently felt I needed a change of scenery ... as in cannons and wagons from the Great Nordic War 1700-1721. During the summer I got in contact with DigitalSculpt.se which I joined partner with. He will make the figures matching my cannons and wagons and vice versa. I am doing most modeling in CAD nowdays and then either add them to ShapeWays or print on my own filament printer.

My main goal is making cannons and wagons, but really enjoy painting figures as well. Except tin soldiers in my teens and when our kids were teens, I am new to figure painting.

My website is http://laurell.today/, it is filled with about 1200 pages about trains, but my posts about figures and military vehicles is growing under this folder http://laurell.today/mil/2019/

Feel free to ask any question!

/Henrik Laurell, Gothenburg Sweden.
    1969, Nap, oldtrousers and 1 other person like this.
  2. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet, Henrik! I saw the wagon in your other post, very nice!

That is a niche that has remained relatively unfilled. What scale or scales do you prefer to work in?

Prost!
    Brad
  3. Henrik Laurell Member

Sweden
    Thanks Brad,

My own models will be in 70mm (1:25) scale, but the models I and DigitalSculpt will release later on will be in most common wargaming scales like 28mm, 40mm, 54mm and my 70mm scale. When that is done it should be easy to do other scales if we missed one .. :)

Right now we are focusing on swedish Caroliner soldiers and there materials, but further on I hope to expand into other types as well.

Henrik
    theBaron likes this.
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  5. Henrik Laurell Member

Sweden
    Tackar.

/Henrik
  6. fafo Member

welcome. hope to see your works soon.
  7. Henrik Laurell Member

Sweden
    Thanks.

my modelling mojo has been rather low for a while, but vacation just started so hope to gather some new energy.

Henrik
    Nap likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henrik

Apologies missed this but a BIG WELCOME to PF from me great to have you with us

Feel free to ask anything or message me if you wish

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Henrik Laurell likes this.
  9. Henrik Laurell Member

Sweden
    Thanks I will. Just posted a few pics on my cannons and wagons thread.

Henrik
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Henrik.

Steve
  11. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Welcome Henrik.
    Chris
  12. Henrik Laurell Member

Sweden
    Thanks both, but been almost a year since I joined now ..

Still always nice to feel welcomed :)

Henrik