1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hi from Plymouth, UK

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by pendragon2801, Nov 15, 2013.

1. pendragon2801 New Member

Hi my name is Darren.

Getting back into painting after a long break while in the Army. Now I am settled down I can finally get my own little man cave set up to do my painting again.

I hope to have some decent work up on here soon to show how bad my skills really are....I am hoping to enter a few figures into local comps in April next year, so I think I need to pull my finger out....

Cheers Darren
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Darren,

Big welcome to PF ...

why not come up to Bugle Call which is held in Bath on the 24th , its figure dominated and is the "Best in the West" ...organised (loosely) by me !!! Lots of clubs coming including those from Plymouth .

BOS sponsored by Steve Kirtley from SK miniatures ....thanks Steve

PM me if you want more information , I will be posting a thread about the show but for now WELCOME again and look forward to seeing your work

Nap
  3. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Welcome Darren, from not so Sunny Exmouth :)
  4. pendragon2801 New Member

Hi Nap

I would love to go but working 2 nightshifts....I will be entering the PSMA's show in April. The father in law is one of the organizers.....

I will need to keep an eye on here to see what other shows are going on in the south west...

Hi mate

The weather is lovely down here aint it.....lol....Many thanks for the welcome

Cheers Darren
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Welcome Darren. (y)

Roger.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Darren ,
    Not a problem ..I will see you at the Plymouth SMA show next year I will bow to the son in law !!!...enjoy the modelling .

Nap

PM sent
  7. swralph A Fixture

welcome Darren
  8. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Darren
    Welcome to the site a great bunch here ,look forward to seeing your work
    Cheers Chris
  9. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Darren,.. glad you join us! ... do not be afraid to ask the, 'Turnip',... any questions, on any subject as regards uniforms! :D, but make sure you are sitting comfortably. ;)

Regards,

Mark
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Now I'm worried I've got a reputation. :eek:
    Mind you being a uniform nerd is maybe better than the reputation I had when I was a young 'un.

Roger.
    napoleonpeart and Tubby-Nuts2 like this.
  11. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What reputation ?? .... every time I contact, 'BT',.. for information, I say.... 'Is that, Billy Turnip',... :LOL:
    billyturnip likes this.
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England

The difference being I do for it free.... free and easy that's me. :D

Roger.
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Welcome Darren, As a fellow uniform nerd, I can assure you, you're in the right place.
    billyturnip likes this.
  14. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Welcome aboard Darren
    (y) Cheers
    Jim
  15. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mate,
    Nice to meet you,
    Gells