1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hi from new member

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by macbrayne, Jul 3, 2010.

1. macbrayne New Member

Scotland
    Hello from me to all of you on this great site.

After 5 years in this house I have been packing up to move to a new one. Hidden away in the attic was a box containing all of my old figures, brushes and books. I put it there when we moved in and because I didn't have any suitable spot for resuming my hobby, I kind of drifted away from it.

However the new house has a perfect spot just waiting for me with room for a display case too so I can't wait to move. On the downside, I found that 5 years makes a big difference to your eyesight when you are 50+ so no more 54mm for me. I have posted some of my unbuilt 54mms on the Market thread should anyone have anything of interest to trade.

The upside is that there are lots of larger scale kits out there that I would love to do. I've now got lots of reading to do of the threads on this site to catch up, then I will be ready to go as soon as I get unpacked at the new place.

I look forward to "speaking" with you often

Stuart
  2. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Welcome Back to the hobby!

looking forward to your pieces as you make them!

I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things, soon enough

Cheers

Jamie
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Good to have you back Stuart.
    Carl.

Attached Files:

4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Stuart,

Welcome back to the hobby mate. Loads of really great 90mm & 120mm figures available these days to tempt and challenge you.

The best advice I can offer is to find out if there is a figure modelling club near where you live and join up. If there isn't a club near you, Planet Figure is the next best thing.
  5. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    Hello Stuart, welcome to the planet.

Living in Queensland, maybe you might want to draw some inspiration from QMHE in late August, there are some capital figure painters up north there
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome back Stuart! I understand the eyesight issues. That's why I work in 1/16th scale! Cheers! Have fun!

All the best,
    Dan
  7. macbrayne New Member

Scotland
    QHME

Scuse my lack of knowledge but what is QHME? I guess QH Modelling exhibition!
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    QMHE is the Queensland Model & Hobby Expo, which is on 21st & 22nd August 2010 at the Brisbane Table Tennis Centre at Downey Park Brisbane.

It is one of Australia's largest model shows and a great opportunity for you to meet fellow figure modellers, join a club and buy some great kits.
  9. macbrayne New Member

Scotland
    QMHE

Rhanks Tony, that is the weekend before I move house. I will need to try and sell it to she who must be obeyed as a visit to Brisbane to ease the stress of pre-move planning.:D

Stuart
  10. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Welcome back!(y)
  11. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    contact

Stuart we do have a figure club in Brisbane PM me might have some figures you want.
  12. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Welcome aboard mate!!!!

You'll find a very friendly helpful bunch of folks on here always willing to help and advise!!!

Carl
  13. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia