1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Pedro, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Pedro Active Member

Portugal
    I'm Pedro from Portugal, and I'm coming back to the hobby after a 4 year stop.
    From what I have seen in this Forums there are quite a lot of great works and I hope to be smart enough to learn with them, although my skills do not match my will.
    harrytheheid, Nap, Dolf and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Olá Pedro, bem-vindo ao PF!

There are quite a few Portuguese members in here btw ;)

Cheers!

Dolf
    Nap likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England

And the same from me Pedro ...A BIG WELCOME to PF good to have you here

Please do ask anything or message me if you wish

Welcome any suggestions or ideas

Look forward to seeing your posts

Happy benchtime

Nap

PS As Dolf says ref members including a great company run by Hugo Pereria called RP Models
  4. Pedro Active Member

Portugal
    Thank you for your welcome Dolf and Kevin.
    My first comeback figure will be RP's Harald Hardrada, and it was it's box that guided me here. I hope to post it soon.
    Cheers
    Nap likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
  6. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal

Hi Pedro,

Looking forward to see your work on that great figure, and others that you may have done and/or will do in the future.

Cheers!

Dolf
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome and enjoy.
    Cheers
    John
  8. Pedro Active Member

Portugal
    Thank you John, and yes, Nap, your review was very useful.
    Nap likes this.
  9. Ned Ricks Active Member

United-States
    Nós estamos contentes que você esteja aqui conosco.

Ned
  10. Pedro Active Member

Portugal
    Obrigado Ned
  11. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Pedro, welcome to Planet Figure.
  12. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Welcome
    His country
    Dolf likes this.
  13. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    I wasn't born here (I was born in a former Portuguese colony in Western Africa), but have been living in Portugal (the home country of my parents) since 81.

Nice landscapes, nice people (in general, as everywhere else, there's the good and the bad), some good music too (as is the case with Dulce Pontes, the singer who sings the beautiful song on that video: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_Pontes ; the original song was from another Portuguese great singer, Amália Rodrigues: ), some good food, and in general nice weather.

But... (and there's always a "but"...) there's a whole lot of fundamental stuff that makes life quite hard for most people here...
    Unemployment rates remain high (according to official numbers around 7%, but then again official data is IMO as credible as... "fake MSM news"... they don't count those having precarious jobs on their calculations, and there's a whole lot of people in such conditions), salaries are among the lowest in the EU, same for the minimum wage (600€, gross wage, in 2019), and the living costs are in many areas as high as for example in France (and in some cases, even higher, gasoline being for instance one of the most expensive in Europe), even thought in France the minimum gross wage is around 1.500€...
    Yes, there's a social income, or Social Inclusion Income, that the Social Security provides for those in need, but it's less than 200€... Impossible to survive on that alone!

The country is (again, as before 1974) ruled by a small elite, be it in politics or in the financial sector (plenty of political Parties now, as opposed to before 1974, but in the end only two of them, always the same two, ever reach the power...) . Sure there's a new class of "new rich"/"middle class" that started after 1974 and has been growing since then, mainly in sales and new types of services (if successful in their businesses), but for the vast majority of the people, on paid employment, life is quite hard here...

Well, guess that the nice weather and the nice landscapes make it a nice place to live, especially when one is too old to immigrate (which a lot of younger Portuguese are still forced to do even today) ...

Cheers!

Dolf
  14. Pedro Active Member

Portugal
    thanks Tony, merci Mirofsoft and kanimambo Dolf (I lived on the other side of Africa)
  15. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    "Éie" Pedro,

"Kisakidilu" to you too (y)

In remembrance of the old days:

"Ndandu"!

Dolf

Edit: btw, those in inverted commas words are in Kimbundo, the dialect from the area where I was born, Luanda ;)