Hi all!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Le Lancier, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    At this point, I will present some of the projects I have completed in the last few years, starting with the newer one.

A Soldier kit in white metal. 54 mm, representing the legend of Siegfried and Lindtgast around 400 AD. This piece was completed last May.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Francis,

For some reason your images are not downloading for me. I can see your image code but no pic. Would love to see your work.
  3. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Yeah, I know, I can see this now, must have done something wrong. Hope to fix this soon :eek:
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    As I use photobucket for new releases, are you using the bottom link for copy/pasting into posting. The bottom of the 3 is the one you need.
  5. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    At this point, I've tried both. That is by copying and pasting the IMG code from photobucket and by using the alt + g shortcut on this forum. Usually works. Dunno what the problem is... :(
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    It could be a photobucket issue Francis. I will edit this pic out later if it appears.
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I don't think it is you Francis as I can't get an image either. Must be a bucket problem that I hope they soon fix
  8. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Yup, it seems to be a photobucket issue. I can't see your pic at this time either
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have a suggestion Francis,
    Register into KitPic and use their image storage. I use KitPic for my own image storage and they seem to have less "downtime" as photobucket does. Once signed in (its free) you can edit your postings with the new kitpic img code. When using kitpic....just clicking on copy does't do it. You need to copy/paste with your mouse highlighting the code and paste into posting..................just a thought
  10. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    I've just tried with KitPic and the problem persists. Perhaps it's an issue with this forum.
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Let me try a kitpic and see

Seems to be Francis.......we'll look into this
  12. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Damn, this is most unfortunate. Hope all will be fixed soon, otherwise, I'll never be able to share my work with you all. Weird, as I surfed within other VBenches, the issue seems to reside in mine only, a sign, perhaps? ;)

Hold on....., what's this? well well, it seems all is back to normal..., alleluhia!!! (y)
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful Work Francis..............seeing this kit has made the hassle today worthwhile.........another to add to my "want list"
  14. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Indeed, this is a highly detailed kit. Just painting and highlighting them all is quite a challenge. A must for all experienced medieval modellers out there.(not to say I'm the all mighty experienced modeller. I was just brainless when I purchased it, is all, didn't know what I was getting myself into ;) ). Just to give you an exemple of the frailty of some of the parts in this kit, I had to remake the chains linking the reins to the horse's mouthpiece. The reason was that the original had been molded on a massive sprew. As I attempted to detach the chain, it literally fell apart. :angry: No other way than to remake one...
  15. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    WELL DONE,Francis,WELL DONE (y) (y) !! I really love the tartan on the rider. Keep up the good work and post more soon ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  16. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Thx Ken, encouragements like yours are always nice to recieve. The tartan was my first attempt at painting one of these. Its quite a challenge. Now, I'm working on the Roman Centurion recently released by Andrea Miniatures (90mm, white metal, S8-F32) Should be able to publish photos eventually. Wish me luck :lol:
  17. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Hey Francis,

Nice job on the kit. You also have done a nice job with the tartan. :)

Joe