1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

HG in Sicily 1943

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Diegoff, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Begining of a new figure.
    It is going to be an officer of the Luftwaffe -yes, another evil nazi :)- in Sicily, 1943.
    Scale 1:24.
    Still I am not deciced about the headgear. My first intention was a "Meyer" cap but a regular Luftwaffe cap could be cool too...
    What do you think?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Diego,

This is seriously cool stuff you are showing!
    I like the look you got into the face.
    I have no strong opinion on the cap. The look dictates it to sit rather 'nonchalant' in any case!

I will follow with interest.

Cheers, Adrian
  3. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Thanks Ferris.
    There is still some work to do in the face.
  4. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    I wil say this is a very good start, even though I have no idea how anyone
    can sculpt a head and face/features in that small size. It still astounds me.

Kansas Kid
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good start.

Marc
  6. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Keep this going Diego as I am trying to learn to sculpt, I will try and pick up some tips, good start,
    Rob
  7. Hammond_Lord Active Member

Nice start , Diego, and a excellent subject too!
    "Hermann Meyer" visor cap is very rare to find on a figure, so it would be nice to see it sculpted, but if you want to move away from "being too much uniform" (i.e. to avoid having cap, tunic, shirt and trousers in same/similar shades of sand yellow), I would recommend Luftwaffe tropical uniform with nco/officer's white top visor cap, I think it would be a great combination.

Also, a standard feldblau (blue-grey) visor cap was also worn with the tropical uniform.

HTH

Cheers,

Nemanja
  8. Tailor New Member

United-States
    Thanks for sharing, Diego!
    What material do you use for sculpting and does your figure have a wire frame?
    Guido
  9. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Thanks friends.
    Thanks for your recommendations,Hammond Lord. I was thinking too that a feldblau cap would break a bit monochrome look.
    Guido, I am using A mix of Magic Sculpt standard and chocolate. My preferred was "flesh" color but is unavailable right now. Magic Sculpt is fine but I find the standard color slightly translucent.
    Some wire was used to suport the legs and, when the pelvis was set, I put some wire like a spine to suport the rest of the body.
    Some more progress:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Diego excellent sculpting and great work on the creases and folds. Will follow progress with interest. Many thanks.

Cheers Ken
  11. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you.
    I think that today will post some new pics.
  12. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Diego,

Amazing sculpting and great subject! I envy you guys that can create such masterpieces, from scratch!!! It inspires me to go on to the next level. This site is most valuable! Thanks again Diego!(y)(y)(y)
  13. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Thanks, Von Luch!

I posted some pics yesterday but, for some unknown reason, haven´t appeared.

Here they go again

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Finally have decided to put the Hermann Meyer cap, although its more ample peak obscures a bit the face.
    Now am going to make the pieces of equipment necesaries. If some manufacturer produces a good set of 1:24 equipment... I will be a costumer!
    These pics show the progress and the idea of the final stance.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Hammond_Lord Active Member

Nice work, Diego! So, you changed your mind about the "Hermann Meyer" cap after all ? Nevertheless, it look great. Keep 'em coming!
  16. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Superb looking figure sofar Diego!
    Looking forward to the next steps.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  17. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Yes, I decided the Hermann Meyer cap because as you said is rare to find in a figure and think that add some tipical style of the Mediterranean theatre.
    Thanks, Marcel. I will post very soon.
  18. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Diego,

Great progress! Very skillful work!

My compliments! (y)(y)

Jim
  19. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Some more progresses.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Diego,

Great sculpting! I can't get enough!:p Is there any chance of doing a SBS on sculpting some day? That would be wonderful! Can't wait to see him painted!(y)

Jim