1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hessian Jaeger, 1778

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Jason W., Sep 29, 2010.

1. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Here's a AWI Hessian Jaeger based on, I believe, a Peter Copeland drawing. This is my second version of a Jaeger from the Revolution. There's just something about that uniform and kit that makes the fingers itch.

The head is from Hornet and the rifle is a Historex conversion. The body is made up of AVES, MS and Kneadatite.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

More...
  2. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Jason, Another excellent AWI figure. Keep them coming! Hope to see it at MFCA next spring.
    Best regards, Don
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Another stunner Jason.
    Great work,on the sculpt and the painting

marc
  4. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    this is an high quality miniature.i like it very much.the face gives an good impression of battle alert.one thinks how he is cleary running towards something.the pose and the flying gear are an excellent study of an man in motion.
    one nearly hears them calling
    bless us the hessians are coming.
    its interesting that those men where sold by their landlord to the english king for money because he had let so an squanderous life that he was broke and so thought he could again bring money in his purse if he did sell his Landeskinder
    or children of the country.
    there was an good movie about this in germany called DER WINTER DER EIN SOMMER WAR-say the winter which did become an summer
    excellent done
    congratulations
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Jason!

Jay H.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent work Jason, what scale ? (y)
  7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason,

Looks really nice! I like this version best. I think your sculpting is just getting better with each new one.

Joe
  8. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks fella's!

My apologies, it's 54mm.
  9. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent work for a 54! :) Do you have any progress shots ?
  10. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Great work Jason, pity It won't be available as a commercial piece.

Keith
  11. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work, Jason, and one of my favorite subjects! I like the energy and urgency of his stance. I look forward to seeing this one in person at our show, too!

@pinsel--da hast recht, so ist das Wetter bei uns im Winter. Ich habe die Tagebücher einiger hessischen Jäger gelesen, es ist mir aufgefallen, das Wetter, das sie bescrieben haben, gleicht dem, was wir auch sehen, dh, mitten in Februar, nach einer tiefen Kälte, kommt ab und zu eine geschwinde Wärme, gibt’s Regen, Hagel, Nebel, kann auch donnern und blitzen (was wir sonst im Hochsommer sehen) dann kommt der nächsten Schnee. Bin nun 46, es ist immer so bei uns in PA gewesen, meiner Erfahrung nach.