1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Herr Mozart

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is one of my new projects. It is Mozart from the late 1770's to the early 1780's. Have found quite an interest in this musical genious the last few days. Very interesting to read about, highly reccomended :)

Anyways, medium is Magic Sculpt and scale is 54mm, I work the putty when its almost set compared to how I used to work when it was completely fresh. I find that you can get much better folds and cleaner surface working this way.

Here's the pics, still lots to do!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders,
    some of your best work I think! The proportions are spot-on. Looks like the trip to Allen's house is paying dividends! Keep us posted, I am very interested to see how this one turns out!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Vey very nice work Anders..........smooth folds and spot on proportions!!

Bring it to Folkstone with you please and show off your sculpting talents "in the flesh".......would love to see it in my hands really ;)

See you soon my friend.....God Willing :(

Ray :)
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Anders - Pretty cool idea and excellent sculpting! The folds and clothing look great!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

I am having a lot of fun with him, its a little different from what I normally do.

Will post more pics when I return from Euro.

Thanks again!
  6. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Anders
    the start is the much good and also the position .....
    perhaps some fold in less in the pants from by the piece a little more elegance.....
    however good sculpture will come a beautiful piece.......

MAB :)
  7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work so far Anders,
    keep us posted
    christos
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, Nice work. I would think the breeches would look better with fewer smaller folds and creases. The only other comment is the head. I picture a smoother face without as many lines. Then again when I think of Mozart I think of the movie.~Gary
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    When I first viewed the breeches, I imagined them made from fancy silk. Wouldn't silk breeches have many finer-tighter creases and folds? :(

Looking good so far, Anders!

Jason
  10. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    VERY COOL, Anders (y) (y) !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys,

Thanks for replies!

I agree, the folds on the pants are a little overdone and needs to be reduced and more efficient. You should have seen the top part of the pants :lol: a lot of wrinklés!

I'll thin them out a bit and give it some more style then jus a ton of wrinkles.

Re the head:

Its a historex head, I was so anxious to get started on it so all Ive done to the head so far is the hair. I'll redo the eyes and some facial features´to get a better likeness. I have pretty much all of the common portraits of Mozart, the head is fairly good as it is and should eb fine with some minor adjustments. Mozart sure looked a lot older then he was. Even seam a little pudgy in some pics.

Maurizio,

I looked for you at Euro but to no avail!! Maybe next time :)